Import disregarding preferences

Renada

Hi,

In the default registration details I've selected everything except display the year of birth and the other options in this group are set to "Members Only".

When I check my profile the year of birth is checked and some of the other options are marked as "All Visitors".

Are the default registration details not what everyone should have by default unless they change it?

Regards,
Renada :)

Did you set the default registration preferences before or after you registered?

These preferences only apply to new members.
Existing members will have whatever was set before.

Did you set the default registration preferences before or after you registered?

These preferences only apply to new members.
Existing members will have whatever was set before.

It's a vB import so most of the options weren't available which is why I assumed the import would take on the values I'd set.

Are there any queries I can run to a) uncheck the "Show year of birth" and b) select "Members Only" on the 5 options that allow that?

Thanks Brogan :)

Regards,
Renada

These should work.

UPDATE xf_user_option SET show_dob_year = 0;
UPDATE xf_user_privacy SET allow_view_profile = 'members';
UPDATE xf_user_privacy SET allow_post_profile = 'members';
UPDATE xf_user_privacy SET allow_send_personal_conversation = 'members';
UPDATE xf_user_privacy SET allow_view_identities = 'members';
UPDATE xf_user_privacy SET allow_receive_news_feed = 'members';

These should work.

UPDATE xf_user_option SET show_dob_year = 0;
UPDATE xf_user_privacy SET allow_view_profile = 'members';
UPDATE xf_user_privacy SET allow_post_profile = 'members';
UPDATE xf_user_privacy SET allow_send_personal_conversation = 'members';
UPDATE xf_user_privacy SET allow_view_identities = 'members';
UPDATE xf_user_privacy SET allow_receive_news_feed = 'members';

Brogan you are one very cool bean :)

Along with the above, is there a way to reset users "Alert Preferences" all at once? I'm poking around the tables but am not seeing. When viewing a user in the ACP I am not even seeing a way of viewing them for an explicit user.

You can't see the alert settings in the ACP.

Check xf_user_option.alert_optout in the DB.

Comma-separated list of alerts from which the user has opted out. Example: 'post_like,user_trophy'

Assuming you want to enable all alerts for all users, you need to empty all of those records.

UPDATE xf_user_option SET alert_optout = ''

You can't see the alert settings in the ACP.
I think I'll be submitting a suggestion for that one then. With vB I would get the occasional "Why didn't I receive an email alert about...." and a quick check of their account would usually reveal why.

Check xf_user_option.alert_optout in the DB.

Comma-separated list of alerts from which the user has opted out. Example: 'post_like,user_trophy'

Assuming you want to enable all alerts for all users, you need to empty all of those records.
Thanks. :cool:

Top Bottom