Immediate kick of user....?

3c

This may be a stupid n00b question...( and not the first)...LOL

The last time I did a forum was on vB and you could ban but you couldn't kick someone off the forum (as in immediately)..or if you could I never knew how..

Is it possible to kick a guest off (by IP)? I've added the IP to the block list, but evidently that won't take affect until the next one shows up... are they here until they get ready to leave??

the reason I asked was because there were spiders from China on my site last night. Nothing against the Chinese, mind you, but my site is very locally niched and I don't care about any spiders from anywhere outside the US roaming around. I blocked the IP but they were still there for a while so I assumed that it didn't kick them off, but would just keep them from getting back on when they came back (or another came from that same c block)...

which is what made me wonder if you could actually kick them off...kind of like the old IRC days....LOL

ah...ok..cool..didn't know that. Thanks Jake!

Between you, the Ninja Mod, and the guru users, this place is veritable smorgasbord of information!! :)

Top Bottom