• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.3 Images upside down

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
That image is just under 8MP so it shouldn't be exceeding the default resize limit of 20MP. But check your library/config.php file just in case. Make sure $config['maxImageResizePixelCount'] is not set. The default is 20000000 if it's not explicitly set in the config file.

Otherwise it might be a problem with your image library, though I might normally expect an error message if there is a problem. This forum is using GD. You can try specifying a different library if available:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Attachments

Screen shot 2014-04-06 at 11.34.22 AM.png

AndyB

Hi,

I understand that with 1.3 the option is implemented that images are rotated when posted on the forums. But I still have that when I post a image it doesn't rotate right?

Example:
http://scooterforum.net/threads/pro-race-rox.204021/

What do I forget or what is wrong? Is there an option to rotate afterwards?
What setting do you currently have for maximum width and height. The reason I ask is that unless the image is resized, it is not rotated. This has been recently fixed and the new code will be available in XF 1.3.1. Although I seam to recall that issue is only effecting ImageMagick.

woei

I have 1600x1200 as dimensions. So the image in the example will be resized to that dimensions. Might happen with GD also then?

AndyB

I have 1600x1200 as dimensions. So the image in the example will be resized to that dimensions. Might happen with GD also then?
No the issue I was referring to was a case when there were no maximum dimensions and the images were NOT resized.

woei

I did. I have experienced this before, but today I saw the same behaviour with an user when he was uploading images. So I decided to look into it. So I can confirm this happens to multiple images. I use a iPhone 4s with iOS7 to take the images.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Sorry my time is limited on weekdays.

Yes, I suggest submitting a ticket with login information. We may have to debug this problem.