1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Images upside down

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by woei, Apr 6, 2014.

1. woei

woei Well-Known Member

Hi,

I understand that with 1.3 the option is implemented that images are rotated when posted on the forums. But I still have that when I post a image it doesn't rotate right?

Example:
    http://scooterforum.net/threads/pro-race-rox.204021/

What do I forget or what is wrong? Is there an option to rotate afterwards?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. woei

woei Well-Known Member

Hmm, I think it's something in my configuration. The image does upload fine here, but not on my forums.

Here is the link to the original. This file will be upside down when I upload it to my forums. Using GD for images. Resizing works without any problems.
    http://scooterforum.net/tmpxenforo/moestuin.JPG

Attached Files:

4. Jake Bunce

That image is just under 8MP so it shouldn't be exceeding the default resize limit of 20MP. But check your library/config.php file just in case. Make sure $config['maxImageResizePixelCount'] is not set. The default is 20000000 if it's not explicitly set in the config file.

Otherwise it might be a problem with your image library, though I might normally expect an error message if there is a problem. This forum is using GD. You can try specifying a different library if available:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Attachments

Screen shot 2014-04-06 at 11.34.22 AM.png

5. woei

woei Well-Known Member

The setting has not been set. I have only GD installed, so I can't use ImageMagick.

GD info:

Attached Files:

6. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

What setting do you currently have for maximum width and height. The reason I ask is that unless the image is resized, it is not rotated. This has been recently fixed and the new code will be available in XF 1.3.1. Although I seam to recall that issue is only effecting ImageMagick.

7. woei

woei Well-Known Member

I have 1600x1200 as dimensions. So the image in the example will be resized to that dimensions. Might happen with GD also then?

8. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

No the issue I was referring to was a case when there were no maximum dimensions and the images were NOT resized.

9. woei

woei Well-Known Member

O, sorry I misunderstood :) English is not my native language :)

10. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I tried uploading the original on XF 1.3 using GD and ImageMagick without resizing and could not get this image to show upside down. It always shows in the correct orientation.

I suggest try another image.

11. woei

woei Well-Known Member

I did. I have experienced this before, but today I saw the same behaviour with an user when he was uploading images. So I decided to look into it. So I can confirm this happens to multiple images. I use a iPhone 4s with iOS7 to take the images.

12. woei

woei Well-Known Member

@Jake Bunce What should I do? Make a ticket or do you need some more information/tests?

13. Jake Bunce

Sorry my time is limited on weekdays.

Yes, I suggest submitting a ticket with login information. We may have to debug this problem.

14. woei

woei Well-Known Member

Ok no problem :) I have no hurry so don't worry :)