XF 1.5 Images uploading in wrong orientation...

LuvMeSumZen

I've had this problem for a while. After I resize and orient my images in my image editor, XF often uploads one or more of the images 90 degrees out of the saved orientation. No rhyme or reason that I can observe either.

I just uploaded 18 images, all the same size, and all but 3 of them loaded 90 to the left or 90 to the right. Not sure if any of my settings have anything to do with it - can't see how but here they are...

image settings.webp

Wow. It just did it here too.

What is your image editor?

If this happens on the majority of your images it suggests that it is arbitrarily hard coding the orientation (wrongly).

Just to confirm;

You create a screenshot, paste it into example MS Paint which comes with Windows, and you save it. It looks normal to you. Yet, when you upload it, even here, it comes out rotated?

That's a rather odd thing to happen.

Just to confirm;

You create a screenshot, paste it into example MS Paint which comes with Windows, and you save it. It looks normal to you. Yet, when you upload it, even here, it comes out rotated?

That's a rather odd thing to happen.

Yes on your screenshot example, but it does so with uploads from my phone or save image from computer then go to paint or setelco or even when I use www.online-image-editor.com and do editing, then save the image and all is well until I upload to my forum from either the computer in my shop or the one in my house - doesn't seem to matter the image editor or computer.

Thanks and any ideas?

Putting the screenshot stuff to one side...

Can you check with your host to see if you have the exif extension enabled in PHP?

This is the most common cause for images not auto rotating to the correct direction. Still doesn't explain the screenshot stuff...

But check if that is enabled, if it isn't get it enabled, and once it is enabled you should try again with some phone uploads that previously didn't work on your site and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks Chris. I will check with my web guy as soon as he gets settled from his recent move and being the holidays and all.

This is not critical I just thought I'd give it a shot. I will update this thread once he solves it. Thanks again for the replies.

Top Bottom