1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Images not showing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Bob_R, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Bob_R

Bob_R Active Member

Today (mid afternoon EST) I moved my Xenforo from the /forums to the root.

I did the rewrite in the .htaccess

I'm noticing many images aren't showing. If you right click the image URL is blahblahblah.com/forums

???

Did I miss something in my move. Or, does it take time to index, etc...

Thanks!

EDIT: After the above, I installed a portal. So, that's the home page and the forums are showing /forums but it's actually in the root.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  2. Bob_R

Bob_R Active Member

I just thought of something. When I was at vBulletin I was using the add-on/mod that would import the pictures from let's say google and make the URL .../forums/images/imported/thename.jpg

So, I had the imported directory under the images directory within my forums folder.

Can I just create a directory under the XenForo root and place the directory and folders there?

3. Bob_R

Bob_R Active Member

4. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

Did you change your forum URL in your admn panel? I know thats a simple question but usually the solution is simple. I would not edit your htaccess.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Image tags in posts always use an absolute URL. You would need to use a rewrite to change those URLs up a level (which is presumably the same rewrite that you would use for the forums themselves, though I don't see that working).

6. Bob_R

Bob_R Active Member

See screenshots.

I have the board URL with no /forums (it's installed in the root)

Attached Files:

7. Bob_R

Bob_R Active Member

This is the rewrite added in the .htaccess of the root

PHP:
    RewriteRule ^forums/(.*)?$ /$[R=301,L]
    Installed XenForo in root. There is no longer a forums directory.

Please advise.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  8. Bob_R

Bob_R Active Member

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You could do it with a simple query, just replacing http://www.talkclassicrock.com/forums/images with http://www.talkclassicrock.com/images.

There are several examples posted in that thread how to do those queries on the post table.

10. Bob_R

Bob_R Active Member

11. Bob_R

Bob_R Active Member

It's 3:40 PM here feels like midnight.

Tried many different variations to the query all return Missing value in form!

Any ideas on a solution to the Missing value in form! error?

Can Kier's add-on be used for my dilemma and what would be the parameters (what would be the inputted fields)?

TY!

12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try this:
    Code:
    UPDATE xf_post SET message = REPLACE(message,'talkclassicrock.com/forums/images','talkclassicrock.com/images');
    Take a backup first.

dawg likes this.
  13. Bob_R

Bob_R Active Member

Tried it. Same thing my friend.

Attached Files:

14. Bob_R

Bob_R Active Member

I got it dude! Long story short you have to select/highlight the text and wish for the best. Eventually it works.

Thank you and everyone else in this thread for your assistance!

dawg likes this.