XF 2.2 Images not displaying for members with OLD systems

rickhz

I'm talking FF v55 and XP... He claims my XF site is the only site that will not show JPGs etc for him.

Honestly I'm not too worried about it since I think it's ridicoulus to be browsing the web on such an old platform given security issues, but I am interested in learning why the most basic images will not show for him. It doesn't matter if they are attachments, or an html link pointing to an image, he gets blanks.

I'm talking FF v55 and XP... He claims my XF site is the only site that will not show JPGs etc for him.

Honestly I'm not too worried about it since I think it's ridicoulus to be browsing the web on such an old platform given security issues, but I am interested in learning why the most basic images will not show for him. It doesn't matter if they are attachments, or an html link pointing to an image, he gets blanks.
I guarantee you he's got problems on more than just xenforo-powered sites. I have a XP computer and the web is getting more and more closed off to it by the day.

I've modernized by the way, but I keep that XP computer because it has my audio studio on it and I don't want to pay the fee for upgrade. It's in the 1000s.

I keep an old machine to run specific software as well. It gets pulled out less and less time goes on and I find work arounds. A few devices I have can only be configured on an old machine and that's why I keep it around.

I keep an old machine to run specific software as well. It gets pulled out less and less time goes on and I find work arounds. A few devices I have can only be configured on an old machine and that's why I keep it around.
It's got to where it's a little bit nostalgic trying to browse the web with it at times. Like firing up an old HAM radio.

Top Bottom