Implemented Images in a post

KVMG

It would be nice to be able to manage images within a post as following:
1) Insert an image from a local file (not only from a web link)
2) Be able to float the image to the right, or left, or center without needing to use BB code
3) Be able to assign a target URL for the image to link to within the same initial dialog box
4) Have a depository of images that can be re-used for inserting in subsequent posts.

These are pretty standard features. WordPress handling of images could be a good feature-set to emulate.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
1 and 2 are already possible.

3 can be done with float bb code - I created a resource for that.

You can reuse attachments and embed them in other posts.
A suggestion has already been made for an attachment manager.

1) Using the image icon in the editor provides only for a web link.
2) Floating BB code looks ugly in the editor and does not apply to the post being viewed via email

Use the [Upload a File] button to attach images.

HTML is not supported in the editor so bb code is the only way to do it.

As far as I'm understanding, the only thing you can't currently do is:

No. I can't do any of the items I suggested, the way I suggested they should work:
1) Insert an image (NOT an attachment) from a local file (not only from a web link)
2) Be able to float the image to the right, or left, or center without needing to use BB code, in a way that will also get implemented in the email the system sends out
3) Be able to assign a target URL for the image to link to within the same initial dialog box
4) Have a depository of images that can be re-used for inserting in subsequent posts.

All this functionality is offered right out of WordPress box.

Wordpress also allows HTML. Wordpress uploads the local file to your server, which is the equivalent to an attachment. The only way to allow floating on XenForo is through BBCode, as it does not allow HTML. HTML on forums is an extremely bad idea, blogs are usually written and contributed to by 1 to a few trusted writers. They can be trusted with HTML, users can't. BBCode is converted in email messages.

You cannot compare XenForo functionality to Wordpress functionality, they are different software packages that serve different functions.

I have already addressed your last two points, so I won't repost the same comments.

I'm not comparing. I'm looking at a good set of functionality (on WP) and suggesting you emulate the functionality (not the technical implementation) on XF.

Do you think it's a bad idea to have such functionality in XF?

I'm not comparing. I'm looking at a good set of functionality (on WP) and suggesting you emulate the functionality (not the technical implementation) on XF.

Do you think it's a bad idea to have such functionality in XF?
I don't think it's necessary. We can add images to posts very easily right now.
upload-all-the-things.webp

See.. took me seconds :) And if I really wanted to - as has already been stated - I could use it again elsewhere.

Personally, no, I don't think that I would use adding a link to the image as I upload the image often.

The attachment gallery, it depends on the site really.

Top Bottom