Images for Trophies

Onimua

I'm unsure if this is actually possible at the moment, not having seen the back-end and options for myself yet but tossing this up:

Allow for the ability to attach images with trophies. Sort of like Xbox Live achievements that have little icons associated with them, it'd be nice to glance at one and know what it's for.

It would also be great if the software could auto-generate thumbnails so that when you look at a user's profile you'd see a small list of the last obtained trophies, and then clicking the number (which brings up the full list with names and descriptions) would show a larger version of that icon.

Upvote 52
+1 for this idea. For the sites that I run, this is a definite must-have. If it's not part of the code, I'm sure it'll be a quick add-on/mod that someone will be doing right off of the bat! :D

A rough mock up.

trophy_images-png.1609

+1 for this suggestion, trophy/achievement (Achievement sounds better) images are a must for me. They also don't get enough forum space, finding what achievements one has achieved, you must first find a reason to visit their profile, and then click the "View achievements" tab.

I suggest having the option of showing achievements one has earnt in postbit too.

It would be good to add something to either the postbit or popup member info box. I quite like the way it is implemented here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/loose-garlic-per-bulb-0-03-at-tesco/752565
Limited icons below the post bit, changing from green to yellow to orange to red as the next level is reached, it looks clean and professional, I don't like the idea of having millions of trophies displayed in the postbit. Probably something for an addon thinking about it.

It would be good to add something to either the postbit or popup member info box. I quite like the way it is implemented here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/loose-garlic-per-bulb-0-03-at-tesco/752565
Limited icons below the post bit, changing from green to yellow to orange to red as the next level is reached, it looks clean and professional, I don't like the idea of having millions of trophies displayed in the postbit. Probably something for an addon thinking about it.

I was just thinking about something like this. I think part of the reason I like xenForo is the clean interface. Maybe have something where only certain trophies would add a small image to the postbit?
For example, for each trophy...
- Have an image associated with it, like Xbox Live achivements
- Allow user to specify whether achivement would show up in postbit. If yes, allow a certain (preferbly small) image to be defined. I think for large things like contest winners, member of the year etc. it would be cool to have this.

I'm unsure if this is actually possible at the moment, not having seen the back-end and options for myself yet but tossing this up:

Allow for the ability to attach images with trophies. Sort of like Xbox Live achievements that have little icons associated with them, it'd be nice to glance at one and know what it's for.

It would also be great if the software could auto-generate thumbnails so that when you look at a user's profile you'd see a small list of the last obtained trophies, and then clicking the number (which brings up the full list with names and descriptions) would show a larger version of that icon.
I would like this too :)

I know this is an old thread, but I was going to request this feature and found it had already been done.

Giving trophies different icons adds to the user experience, which is always good. (as would be allowing an admin to change the term to patches, awards, achievements, etc) Obviously there are other priorities right now but a strong user recognition system with robust rules is a great thing.

--Ed

Great idea indeed, what other function do trophies have then gametising and showing them in your profile ? It's a must have for the lost and lonely thropies out there... +1

Top Bottom