Images for Trophies

Onimua

I'm unsure if this is actually possible at the moment, not having seen the back-end and options for myself yet but tossing this up:

Allow for the ability to attach images with trophies. Sort of like Xbox Live achievements that have little icons associated with them, it'd be nice to glance at one and know what it's for.

It would also be great if the software could auto-generate thumbnails so that when you look at a user's profile you'd see a small list of the last obtained trophies, and then clicking the number (which brings up the full list with names and descriptions) would show a larger version of that icon.

Upvote 52
For those whom want to show the Trophies on their profile page (i'm using Flexile)

Edit the members_view template:

Search for mainTabs and add the following code below the other li's:
Code:
<li><a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#trophies">{xen:phrase trophies}</a></li>

Go to the bottom of the template and add right above
Code:
<xen:hook name="member_view_tabs_content" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}'}" />
The following code:
Code:
<li id="trophies" class="profileContent" data-loadUrl="{xen:link members/trophies, $user}">

{xen:phrase loading}...
<noscript><a href="{xen:link 'members/trophies', $user}">{xen:phrase view}</a></noscript>
</li>

And tadaa! you have the trophies on your user profile as a tab!
Luckely all trophies have their own style such as:
Code:
<div class="trophy" id="trophy-2">
So adding background images for your trophies wont be a problem!

Jaxel what do you mean ? It works perfectly well, the above script does add a tab to your profile page, maybe your using a different skin (i'm using Flexile) or maybe its just me not getting your point.... (very plausible :cautious: )

Jaxel what do you mean ? It works perfectly well, the above script does add a tab to your profile page, maybe your using a different skin (i'm using Flexile) or maybe its just me not getting your point.... (very plausible :cautious: )
The following code is needed:
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link members, {$user}}#trophies">{xen:phrase trophies}</a></li>
Above:
Code:
<xen:hook name="member_view_tabs_heading" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}'}" />

I did add the tab and it shows perfectly fine, its the first step. But i accidently pasted the members_view_tabs_content code twice. I just corrected it, thanks for noticing!

This is my end result with adding profile page + giving trophy images (with points awarded) I think it turned out perfect!

49073806.png

I think it is a good idea to add icons to the trophies. Maybe then the icons could also be displayed below the avatar (left side of this post) and in the member card? This might encourage people to collect trophies a bit more. (These should be optional features of course.)

For those whom want to show the Trophies on their profile page (i'm using Flexile)

Code:
<li><a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#trophies">{xen:phrase trophies}</a></li>

Code:
<xen:hook name="member_view_tabs_content" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}'}" />
The following code:
Code:
<li id="trophies" class="profileContent" data-loadUrl="{xen:link members/trophies, $user}">

<noscript><a href="{xen:link 'members/trophies', $user}">{xen:phrase view}</a></noscript>
</li>

Code:

thankx...this is what i need....since i'm not technical, this is what i foud out;

members_view template does not exist in my system......i got member_view
mainTabs also not found in the member_view template.

is it because of flexile? I'm using UI.X

view.webp

Code:

Code:
The following code:
Code:

</li>

Code:

Hi Korenwolf. Any idea why my trophies won't show up in the profile page? Everything is working but maybe you are familiar with this

Top Bottom