@imagePath for Smilies Please

DRE

Please let use use @imagePath for Smilies.

Currently default smilie path is set as

styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-smilies-sprite.png

Using this link though: @imagePath/xenforo/xenforo-smilies-sprite.png

Does not work. It only works in Style Properties or in CSS files.

I ask because I'd like to use a CDN for all smilies when I set it in Style Properties/General/Path to images.

Upvote 8
This would only be logical.

I would add onto the request that all images currently within XenForo should comply to the @imagePath protocol. The fact that it currently doesn't, seems odd and perhaps was a general oversight.

+1

This would only be logical.

I would add onto the request that all images currently within XenForo should comply to the @imagePath protocol. The fact that it currently doesn't, seems odd and perhaps was a general oversight.
Yeah. We're able to do something like that in vBulletin.

I would be happy just to be able to use different smiley sets depending on the style :)

Replacement variables were great for this especially if you had multiple styles, with different coloured backgrounds and you happen to have gif smilies that are prone to matting issues because say one background on one style was light and the other styles background was dark.

gif-smilies.webp

Replacement variables were great for this especially if you had multiple styles, with different coloured backgrounds and you happen to have gif smilies that are prone to matting issues because say one background on one style was light and the other styles background was dark.

Well that's pretty deep. This feature would be even more awesome now that you mentioned that.

yea... i tried this today... a shame...
specialy cose for some special days like halloween or chrismas , is awesome to change some emoticons whit the special day style

in the meantime, you can perfectly put hardlinks to the smileys, with the cdn domain+url
(this is what I did)
http://cdn.com/smileys/smiley.png
For each smiley.

It works as expected, even in the ACP.

I'm not following you, my own fault. Could you possibly explain further how you accomplished this, and a link to your forum where you've managed to do this?

Just so I understood you've successfully have different smilies per style?

I'm not following you, my own fault. Could you possibly explain further how you accomplished this, and a link to your forum where you've managed to do this?

Just so I understood you've successfully have different smilies per style?
I think they are referring to the URL for each smiley in the ACP.

So rather than being /styles/default/xenforo etc, it's the full URL of the file hosted elsewhere, such as
url.webp

Top Bottom