XF 1.5 ImageMagick throwing errors on cache rebuild

Floyd R Turbo

When I go to rebuild attachment thumbnails, I get this on a blank page (not in 120s, in a few seconds only)

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/girs15forum934wn/public_html/library/XenForo/Image/ImageMagick/Pecl.php on line 71

And server error

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded - library/XenForo/Image/ImageMagick/Pecl.php:71
Generated By: uiser, A moment ago
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(67) "https://www.forum.org/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["redirect"] => string(48) "https://www.forum.org/admin.php"
    ["execute"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

You're getting that after a few seconds? That's very weird and might indicate an issue with the Imagick extension. I would probably flip back to GD unless you really need Imagick's functions.

This particular error is happening when it's trying to open the image, so it may be an image that Imagick/imagemagick isn't liking. It's possible the only workaround using them would be to ensure you're using the latest version of the PECL extension and that it's bound against a more recent version of the imagemagick library itself.

You're getting that after a few seconds? That's very weird and might indicate an issue with the Imagick extension.
That's what I thought as well - it definitely wasn't 120 seconds even though it said it was.

I installed ImageMagick so that I could run AndyB's image resizer, and now that I've done that and configured XF to automatically resize images on upload, I don't think I "need" it, but also I don't think I need to rebuild thumbs either. I use XFMG but I don't use animated GIFs anywhere. I think I would need it for watermarking though, but I don't have that turned on (I don't think).

Getting the PECL extension installed and working was one of my first forays into shell so it's very possible I installed something wrong, or an old version.

Top Bottom