image resizing

How do I make the re sizer in the tread resize the all photo attachments so they fit my site. some are to long and I really want like 600 X 600 resized. But I would like them to upload the photos larger to start with and have the script size it smaller. Thanks

Go into the ACP -> Home -> Options -> Attachments and set the Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions (Width x Height) to 600 x 600.

All uploaded images will then be resized to those maximum dimensions.

Server side file size (KB) resizing is not supported.
Whatever value you put in the Maximum Attachment File Size (KB) field, anything larger than that will be rejected.

Thank you so much! I still wonder if there is a way to let them upload a larger photo (so there is less problems with resize) and then with a script like the VB mod to size all photos in post to a reasonable size

Go into the ACP -> Home -> Options -> Attachments and set the Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions (Width x Height) to 600 x 600.

All uploaded images will then be resized to those maximum dimensions.

Server side file size (KB) resizing is not supported.
Whatever value you put in the Maximum Attachment File Size (KB) field, anything larger than that will be rejected.

Sorry dredge this old post up, but one of the few returned search results...
Hmmm, that requires that the end user know how to resize an/or optimize and image, that's a HUGE assumption.

Ideally, a user can upload any dimension size image and there be an option, clip the size client side per a height or width dimension, other-wise an uploaded 2048 x 1024 image would break the layout of a site designed at a set width :( Sure, that might not be an "efficient" or code friendly way of handling over sized linked or uploaded attachments, but it's an overhead that I can afford and my members expect.

No worries.

Just for reference, I have max file size set to 1024 KB and max dimensions set to 1440 x 960.

I can safely upload images with a file size of 6 MB and dimensions of 5184 x 3456.

After being resized to 1440 x 960 they are less than 150 KB.

Top Bottom