MG 2.0 Image resizing

onthefly

Is there a way to have image resizing of pictures uploading to reduce the server space used? I seem to recal VB doing that in the past?

So if I leave the file size unlimited, when they upload a very large image size, the program will reduce the files size after its uploaded, like Facebook?

So if I leave the file size unlimited, when they upload a very large image size, the program will reduce the files size after its uploaded, like Facebook?
For give me if this is a stupid question, trying
Yes it is controlled by permissions:

View attachment 193629

Just set a maximum image width/height.
For give me if this is a stupid question, trying to get my head around it as it’s been five years since I played around with XenForo

That's correct, yes.

Images will not be able to exceed the max width/height if set. If they do, they will be resized. This of course will reduce the file size.

What is your PHP upload_max_filesize? You can find this in the adminCP. I had this error too and it turned out the file I was uploading was larger than this server setting.

What are the pixel dimensions of the image?

The image may exceed a built in config limit but it is adjustable.

What is your PHP upload_max_filesize? You can find this in the adminCP. I had this error too and it turned out the file I was uploading was larger than this server setting.

The 256M is in my PHP upload_max_filesize What should that number be set at and is that how you get rid of the uploading error?

Last edited:
Top Bottom