Image resizing in posts

trilogy33

A user uploads an image and chooses Full Image.
Then attempts to downsize it, by clicking the image and moving the corners in (like you do) ;)
System is still parsing the BBCode as ATTACH=FULL. So, the full image is being shown in the post.
Resizing makes no difference.

I've just tried to edit a user's posted image down from full size, resizing it myself to say 500x375 and cannot get the post to resize as it appears in the preview.

Wo! Whatever editing a pictured post has done, it's thrown a 500 Internal Server error after the progress indicator (the top right bars) failed with a red warning screen overlay and locked me out of the forum for several minutes, can't get back on at all now. :oops:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, ***** and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_fcgid/2.3.5 Phusion_Passenger/2.2.15 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at ***** Port 80
What data is needed from this error to resolve it please?
There are no server errors logged and cannot get back into AdminCP either.

It's unlikely resizing the image in the editor window caused that.

A 500 error can mean any one of a number of things, but it's usually server related.

You can check your Apache logs and also contact your host to see if they have any idea what caused it.

Server side incident. Here's the tech reply:
TechDude said:
We noticed that there was some relatively high server load coming from an account on the server in which you are hosted.
Steps to disable that account have been taken, and the load is gradually coming down. The errors were likely related to this.
If the issue persists, please let us know and we will further look into this for you.
Panic over. :) These incidents all happened at once, so it seems.

Top Bottom