XF 2.0 Image resize

Beermonster

Before I upgraded to V2 people used to be able to upload images and they got resized, I can't remember if it was an addon but now I get The file is too large to be uploaded. should Xenforo resize them? I have Imagemagick PECL extension set in attachments.

"Too large to be uploaded" is specifically an error relating to the server configuration. It will be the upload_max_filesize and post_max_size parameters in php.ini specifically.

What's the specific error message? How big is the image, both in file size and dimensions?

It sounds like it's exceeding your attachment limits in the control panel (notably the max attachment size). You would potentially need to increase that value (and/or look at applying attached image dimension limits, if you haven't already).

The ones I’m using for testing are quite big, 6000x4000 and about 9mb, the reason why I’m using such large files is because a lot of my members don’t know how to resize and just use the files straight from their camera.

I’ve removed the size in Xenforo and they upload but I can’t insert them in to the post, but shouldn’t xenforo resize them?

That's where the maxImageResizePixelCount config option comes in -- it defaults to 20000000 (approx 20 megapixels). The example image you've given is bigger than that. You would need to increase that value (probably to at least 30000000) to allow the resizing to work.

(Note that you need to be changing the src/config.php file.)

That's where the maxImageResizePixelCount config option comes in -- it defaults to 20000000 (approx 20 megapixels). The example image you've given is bigger than that. You would need to increase that value (probably to at least 30000000) to allow the resizing to work.

(Note that you need to be changing the src/config.php file.)

Hello,

Just to clarify: If this number is reduced, does it effect upload or just the display of the image within a forum?

Thank you

Top Bottom