XF 2.0 Image proxy randomizing images

Lukas W.

After moving to my new server, I missed setting the directory permission for data and internal_data to writeable for a few hours. Some of my members posted some images meanwhile and ever since then, the image proxy seems to be completely broken. Whenever some images are requested, he seems to be randomly drawing some out of his proxy cache. Every time one reloads the page, different images are loaded. It's really weird... (Video) Are there any tools I can use or measures I can take to correct these issues?

I know what you're saying, but I'm not sure there's much we can do about it at this point.

It is happening to very few people, so it would suggest a server configuration issue somewhere more than anything. It doesn't happen here, for example, and we've not had to do anything here to make sure it doesn't happen.

Anything we can do to investigate in this? My servers running basic, out of the box configurations, nothing special I'd be aware of. I can provide full ssh and ftp access if it helps.

To update, I use the following line ONLY in my .htaccess to solve the problem:

Code:
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
    # Make sure proxies don't deliver the wrong content
    Header append Vary User-Agent env=!dont-vary
</IfModule>

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@localhost to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

The error from the error log:
Invalid command 'Header', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration, referer: [...]

Mod-deflate is active as far as I can tell:
# apachectl -t -D DUMP_MODULES |grep def
deflate_module (shared)

Attachments are affected too it seems.

Last edited:
Hello,

Here on my site https://forum.blackout-ro.net, all users are experiencing a problem in which images are displaying as a different image. From what I've noticed, it has something to do with the image proxy's interaction with https.

The only way to fix the image and have it display correctly is to refresh your page.

Please help. This is especially bad when an image is the focal point of a post.

It seems you have fixed this issue somehow as images seem fine in your forum. Could you post the fix?

Top Bottom