1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Image Proxy not retrieving images

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Valhalla, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Valhalla

Valhalla Well-Known Member

I recently enabled the Image Proxy feature on our forum, and there are cases where images are not being fetched.

With the settings I have in the capture below, would the image(s) be refreshed after one day if there had been a problem fetching when them image initially? If the image was attempted to be refreshed and it no longer exists, would the cached image then be used?

Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 18.51.42.png

I notice that we are able to manually recache the image so I have been attempting to do this from the Image Proxy Log. However, each time I click [Show Image] it fails to fetch the image and so shows the placeholder (still).

Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 19.00.23.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 19.01.03.png

Thank you for any comments.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Refetching really only applies to successfully fetched images. Unsuccessful attempts apply a lengthening delay in retrying until eventually the failure becomes permanent (unless manually refreshed).

You should use the image proxy tester (under tools) to get a more specific reason why a particular image isn't loading.