XF 1.4 image path for custom avatars

Create the styles/mystyle directory.

Copy everything from the style/default directory to it.

Add your custom icons/images, overwriting the defaults.

Change the image path in Style Properties to styles/mystyle.

Create the styles/mystyle directory.

Copy everything from the style/default directory to it.

Add your custom icons/images, overwriting the defaults.

Change the image path in Style Properties to styles/mystyle.
Ok thanks.

So, as mentioned above, this will replace everything in the styles directory

I assumed there must be some files in the upgrades that are important for the upgrade. Is that not the case?

I assumed there must be some files in the upgrades that are important for the upgrade. Is that not the case?
I don't really understand what you're asking.
They're just images.

If any images are added or changed in a new release, you just update them in your custom style directory.

I don't really understand what you're asking.
They're just images.

If any images are added or changed in a new release, you just update them in your custom style directory.

What I mean is, this would replace every image. How would I know if there are new or different images in the new release? Is there a list somewhere that tells you what has been changed?

Otherwise I would be updating, but not updating any images that might be important.

Or are you saying there would never be any images in an update that are actually needed to be changed?

Part of the reason for asking is I used to do what you are suggesting with vBulletin or some other software, and sometimes in an update they would change the images,. e.g. from .gif to .png and so this method of keeping custom images safe from the update was sometimes more hassle than it was worth.

hence my question if I can just have a custom folder for Avatars, which it seems I can't. It has to be the whole lot.

How would I know if there are new or different images in the new release? Is there a list somewhere that tells you what has been changed?
It would be mentioned, either in the release notes or the upgrade guides I write.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to-upgrade-to-xenforo-1-3.2810/

Or, just do a basic check and compare.

Your choice though, create a custom style directory and occasionally upgrade changed images, or keep the default style directory and replace the default images with your custom images every time you upgrade.

It would be mentioned, either in the release notes or the upgrade guides I write.

Thanks, that is useful:

There are some new images so if you have a custom style directory you will need to copy those to the relevant folder.
They are:
  • styles\my-style\xenforo\gplus.png
  • styles\my-style\xenforo\twitter-bird.png
  • styles\my-style\xenforo\icons\missing-image.png

Top Bottom