Image Optimizer for XF 2.0

Image Optimizer for XF 2.0 [Paid] 2.1.8

No permission to buy ($29.00)
Since the last two version updates, all attachments are not being optimized anymore.
  • To reproduce, upload sample JPG/PNG/GIF images.
  • Take note of the image file size after uploading @ /admin.php?attachments/&username=XF_Admin_Username
  • Replace XF_Admin_Username with your own username
  • Check back after few hours, and the image are still the same size
Grab sample images here:

How did you do that? It's not possible to downgrade afaik.

Or did you just removed the new add-on and installed the older one?

Just noticed @truonglv ... please ignore my above.. started well... however back to the errors i was seeing above...

• ErrorException: [tl] Image Optimizer: Failed to run command. Optimize file size is 0KB
  • src/XF/Error.php:77
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Jan 22, 2023 at 7:55 PM

Stack trace​

#0 src/XF.php(219): XF\Error->logError('[tl] Image Opti...', false)
#1 src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/Images/AbstractImage.php(69): XF::logError('[tl] Image Opti...')
#2 src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/Job/Optimizer.php(202): Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\Images\AbstractImage->optimize('/home/pinball/p...')
#3 src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/Job/Optimizer.php(123): Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\Job\Optimizer->optimizeImageFile('internal-data:/...', Object(Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\ContentData\AttachmentData))
#4 src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/Job/Optimizer.php(69): Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\Job\Optimizer->processImages(Array, 'attachment_data', Object(XF\Timer), 13895)
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\Job\Optimizer->run(8)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#8 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#9 {main}

719 Since Friday in my Server error log...
This is error while PHP scripts cannot get file size.

Since the last two version updates, all attachments are not being optimized anymore.
  • Take note of the image file size after uploading @ /admin.php?attachments/&username=XF_Admin_Username
Grab sample images here:
Can you capture a screenshot of your logs page?

Avatars are not being optimized.
Attachments, which I tested yesterday, had not yet been optimized.

View attachment 280450
As your screenshot; the attachments still optimized (size reduced), avatars does not. Avatars were processed by XF; it rewrite images and reduce quality while processing so this add-on does not reduce again to prevent lost more quality.

Grab sample images here:
I can still reproduce these steps.
Even after a day images are still the same sizes.

For anyone with the ability to install software:

The add-on provides install scripts for the installation of the latest versions of the binaries (../src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/scripts).

However, I had to do a lot of manual compiling (running Almalinux 8) because the scripts didn't work out of the box for me.

Took me about 15 minutes to get everything working.

Quick Question - Rust (1.5.6+) - seems that it doesnt exist on my server (well - i cant find it)... Will ask my hosts to install - could someone provide me with a link for it please (seems to be a number of "rust" packages out there - just want to make sure i get the right one...

Managed to run the setup.sh script with no issues as far as i can see....

Purely out of interest, how is Rust a part of this?? Just trying to learn :)

Top Bottom