XF 1.5 Image error

tommydamic68

Hello all- I am getting some issues with members and their images, specifically their image they use for their signature, it suddenly isn't working proporly, if you paste the image address in the browser its there but it shows as a X in their post- see the attachment.

Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 6.21.09 PM.webp

This might be completely unrelated. But I get this on my forum. People upload images to Imgur. Imgur does not directly give bbcode or direct image code. So they end up using the image page link with IMG bbcode resulting in a dead image!

Now suddenly even links in my personal signature to all of my social media accounts are "x 'd" out, the link still works but the images have that x, my host has no clue. Frustrating.

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 5.17.58 AM.webp

SSL requests from PHP are pretty clearly not working correctly -- you're getting errors any pretty much any area that tries to make them, to a variety of hosts. It's quite likely that PHP doesn't have its certificates configured correctly. Generally this should be picked up from the OS, but it doesn't always work. In that instance, the openssl.cafile setting can be changed within php.ini.

SSL requests from PHP are pretty clearly not working correctly -- you're getting errors any pretty much any area that tries to make them, to a variety of hosts. It's quite likely that PHP doesn't have its certificates configured correctly. Generally this should be picked up from the OS, but it doesn't always work. In that instance, the openssl.cafile setting can be changed within php.ini.
Thanks Mike, I'll let them know, and the image proxy having to be turned off for the images to work is all one of the same?

Indeed. You serve your site over SSL and the request is failing when it tries to make the SSL request. (It's subtle, but in the example you gave above, the URL is actually HTTP but the error references SSL. This would generally indicate that the initial HTTP request worked and it followed the redirect to HTTPS, which is then the step that failed. This demonstrates that it's a SSL-specific issue.)

Top Bottom