1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image and Title in front of Descritions

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by bogus, Sep 5, 2012.

1. bogus

bogus Guest

i would like to add an Image and Title in front of the Forums Description (titleBar h1), but i am a lousy php coder.

I added a new class in front of the dexriptions part, in page_container (TMS) and after that a phrase.

The problem i have now is, that i cant set any csss to the phrase like size, position etc, because there is no class, but i wont add 3 classes. Is there any other way?
    Maybe anyone can help me. Thanks

Here´s the page_container Code with Changes (see descriptions)
    <div class="titleBar">
    DescImage Phrase-->
    div class="descImage"><p>{xen:phrase phrase_needs_css}</p>
    xen:raw $beforeH1}
    h1><xen:if is="{$h1}">{xen:raw $h1}<xen:elseif s="{$title}/>{xen:raw $title}<xen:else/>{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></h1>
    xen:if is="{$pageDescription.content}"><p id="pageDescription" class="muted {$pageDescription.class}">{xen:raw $pageDescription.content}</p></xen:if>
    DescImage Closing Div--></div>
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. bogus

bogus Guest

Well, what i´ve done now is to add 2 more classes and set some css to it. Not sure if its still a good Idea. At the End its working but is it CSS3 conform or will be yours better?

What i am looking for is to have the Image first, bit to the Right a Title and underneath the title the Description....

<!-- h1 title, description -->
                                <div class="titleBar">
                                    {xen:raw $beforeH1}
                                <div class="descImage"><div class="yah">{xen:phrase desc_text}</div>
                                        is="{$h1}">{xen:raw $h1}<xen:elseif
                                        is="{$title}" />{xen:raw $title}<xen:else
                                    <xen:if is="{$pageDescription.content}"><p id="pageDescription" class="muted {$pageDescription.class}">{xen:raw $pageDescription.content}</p></xen:if>

Guess i will try yours ;))