Implemented Image and Media gallery must be INTEGRATED

Tigratrus

Image and video gallery that is actually INTEGRATED with the forums. ALL images and video that has been uploaded should categorizable, searchable and should be EASILY organized and reused by the member. Take a look at http://www.plupload.com/ for an upload system that resizes the image ON THE WORKSTATION. This is huge, as most people don't have a clue how to resize an image and get frustrated when their 5 MB image takes forever to upload.

Upvote 19
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I really hope social features such as community content beyond threads is supported, maybe not in the shape of groups and albums, but with dynamic widget or module powered blocks on the social profile, from where they can have a media pool for attachments, and part of this is content for albums, images could be dragged to it, and they'll appear in a carousel on the profile, with lightbox gallery to see the rest. Or separate page from where comments can be left per image or image group.

I think they shouldn't jump into features like this, thread read icon sure but not things like this. Sit down and think about the benefits and costs of implementing it, think if there's a better way, a better system, the features that will be implemented, check out the wheel so to speak and then base their judgments on their findings.

Based on the things like their implementations of personal conversations i think they are already doing it lol

Instead of an album, I would like to have a fully implemented media gallery.

I'm working on a media 'portal' (Basically a mix between a CMS and a media gallery), but its only going to integrate into XF, and not actually be a modification (This way we can get most of the work done for it, and then integrate what we need to when we buy our license).

Some people think that galleries are not essential but it depends. My forum is about aquarism and the pictures, videos and articles are a requirement. Gallery and display media into the forum is needed. Most important: resizes images.
The same is for motorcycle, gamers, cars and a big etc forums.

I think some people need to get past the 'not part of a forum' arguments. Forums have been around the longest compared to social websites and they must evolve and go to wear social media have taken us or they will become fossils. Many of us who have run message boards for over 10 years like myself have felt what the facebooks of the world have done to our traffic. People have moved on to do more online than just make a post and read a reply.

I fully agree. I have BIG uses for User Albums and Blogs and ... here it comes again: also the (already) much requested CMS. I do understand that there are people who only need a forum, but my members expect much more nowadays and without those features I am not able to launch a new site (or even upgrade my existing site) based on XenForo. If done right then an integrated Blog and CMS (or bridges to external solutions: I hope XenForo can offer both to make most people happy) can do wonders for XenForo forum. But... this is an endless discussion of the different wishes of so many people... can imagine it being rather hard for XenForo ltd. to offer a solution that can please everyone.

maybe just have 2 versions.

Forums only $299
Forum+Social features. $499

(prices are an example only, not to be taken as reality)

The best way to do something like this is allready covered by IPB. You can buy licences for every addon individualy and there are also some packages.

Lets say that xenForo doesn't make the Gallery until xenForo is at version 3.5. That would mean that the first version of the gallery would be called 3.5.

Doesn't make much sense to me. Something as important as installing a module that could change interactivity within a site should not be quick but solid. A chronological numbering system with detailed software requirements is a much better.
Someway to make it really quick and easy to recognize which goes with what would be good for sure.

I understand what you're saying but what if a bugfix is released for the addon, they generally need a version number to denote this. It'd all get too confusing too fast if we use this version convention.

I mod at a style site and they number their styles after the current release...

Style A Version 1.2.3.(their release version) (i.e. 1.2.3.10 means that is the 10 revision for that style that is only applicable to forum version 1.2.3)

Like abomination said.

Top Bottom