iMac

I know some people that like Aptana Studio
Some people apparently like Justin Bieber.

As for text editors: Sublime Text 2 is all you need. Ever. It's not a full IDE, but it can certainly replace one, especially because there are some quite amazing plugins for ST2. The editing features are second to none, but the very best thing with ST2 is its amazing performance and fairly low resource usage.

When it comes to a full-featured IDE, nothing will beat the JetBrains product family. The cheaper PHPStorm for web development or IDEA for almost everything - Java, Android, PHP, Python, Ruby and supporting basically every single technology that has some importance for web development, unless you work with MS technologies (but for those poor souls, they have ReSharper :) ).

Not exactly cheap though.

Textmate is wonderful. I also installed AptanaStudio, Eclipse, Coda, PyCharm, IDLE, and Dreamweaver, but I prefer Textmate for most of my coding(unless you have very special needs, Textmate will do it for you.)

Oh well, why not good old fashioned Eclipse (or Zend if you want to pay for something)? True it does not have any WYSIWYG HTML editor, but for coding I find it fantastic!

Top Bottom