XF 1.1 I'm the only one who can upload images, what's going on?

Joe Link

On my site for some reason my computer is the only computer that can upload files using the Upload a File button. I can log in as other users from this computer (my main laptop) and successfully upload a file, but when I log in as the same user from any other computer (including another laptop sitting next to me) I can't upload them. I'm using Firefox and Safari on my main computer (MacBook) and Firefox on the other laptop (Windows 7). I was convinced it was a user permissions problem until I just performed that test from another computer. We have a thread going here: http://www.southwestfirearms.com/threads/cant-upload-images.52/

I just disabled the flash uploader and it worked. Any tips on why people can't use the flash uploader but the normal one is fine?

I don't know what cloud flare is.

I know of situations where the flash uploader won't work at all. But your situation is different. More troubleshooting is needed to isolate the problem. Maybe it's a browser or client-specific problem.

What exactly happens when you try to upload using the flash uploader. You say it isn't working. But what happens? Is there an error message?

I can confirm this behavior.

I cannot upload anything with the flash uploader on chrome (17.0.963.56) - windows 7.

If I disable the flash uploader then image uploads work correctly.

If anyone has any ideas I'll be happy to try and help resolve this bug/issue.

I can confirm that filetypes are set correctly and file uploads are within allowed limits. Also, write permissions are set on relevant folders.

Yeah, as long as the flash uploader is disabled it'll work (such as in JennyC's case).

Here's the odd thing. I was able to log into other peoples accounts and use the uploader just fine. I'd go to the computer right next to me, log in, and I'd get the error. On my MacBook it'd work with Safari and Firefox. On the Windows 7 machine it failed in Firefox and IE.

Further to my own troubleshooting can I just ask if your site is in a password protected folder (common in development) - if it is, then the flash uploader wont work due to a bug/security feature in flash.

Im assuming it isnt and just posting this really in case other people find there way here as I did

Top Bottom