• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ignored users...

Rob

I am currently ignoring a user but their avatar still shows in threads and I find it unaccepable - the mere sight of their avatar is enough to annoy me.

Can avatars for ignored users be hidden or replaced by a plain text username?

Forsaken

I am currently ignoring a user but their avatar still shows in threads and I find it unaccepable - the mere sight of their avatar is enough to annoy me.

Can avatars for ignored users be hidden or replaced by a plain text username?
*[data-author="{Username}"] { display:none !important; } will block everything about them.

You'll need to add it to the custom CSS rules for your browser (Within the browsers user folder generally).

Or you can use a browser add-on that lets you inject CSS into sites.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Can you do a screenshot?

Content within threads from ignored users is hidden, unless you choose to display it.

If you navigate directly to a post by an ignored user, then it will show the avatar and some placeholder text - that is by design and is required for technical reasons.

Rob

Im not sure what technical reasons.... If you can detect an ignored user to show placeholder text then same detection (surely) could hide the avatar???

A screen shot would only show the placeholder text you mention along with an avatar... If you want a screenshot, I can of course but I kind of hoped you would know what i mean

Rob

*[data-author="{Username}"] { display:none !important; } will block everything about them.

You'll need to add it to the custom CSS rules for your browser (Within the browsers user folder generally).

Or you can use a browser add-on that lets you inject CSS into sites.
I fail to see why a user would be expected to handle this client side when the feature is offered by the software (to some lesser degree)

Forsaken

Of course, I still think this is a bug (personal opinion)
For some members I agree, for others I don't necessarily mind.

I would actually like two levels of ignore, one where it would just filter out their posts, and hide them unless I choose to show them, and another level where it wipes their existence from the board at least as far as I am concerned.