Add-on If I want to install 2 chat add-ons on my site at the same time, which Chat add-ons allow me to do this? What Chat add-on to use on XF2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NandorHUN

Hi!
I wanted to install two chat add-ons on my site and let a different user groups use each ( I added different themes to different user groups and in them I modified widgets so only one or the other chat widget would appear for the specified user group).

I tried to install two chat add-ons so each user group can only use his "own".
But the issue is that I choose Real Time Chat and Chat 2 by Siropu and they cant work at the same time.
If Chat 2 gives me error and I rebuild it then Real Time chat wont work, if I rebuild Real Time Chat it works, but Sipu's Chat 2 gives me error.

What can I do? Any solution?
Or is there any other chat add-on I can try and doesnt "know out" Shipu Chat 2?

Thanks.

NandorHUN

Just why?
I basically want to creat two user "groups".

Let's see an examle... for example I creating a forum for my busincess, one part of it will be "customers" and the other is "sellers/providers".

I want to creat a chat in addiciton to the forum separately for both of them.
I creat two child theme for the users groups and would hide one or the other chat add-on in one and the other theme.

Technically it should work, but as I said one or the other chat add-on gives me error for some reason, I guess both of them are trying to use something that the other needs (but Im not an IT guy).

That's why I ask if it possible? Or are there any other chat add-on that would work alongside Chat 2 by Sipu

sbj

I don't think you understand how to run a forum. First, chat applications are very resource hungry. Having one chat option is already not so good, having 2 is definitely not recommended, hence why both at the same time doesn't work as it seems. Secondly, I haven't used any chat addons, but I am sure they have "rooms" where people with usergroups can access only their "room".

NandorHUN

You will need to ask in the resource threads.
Could you put this thread there? I thought this is the resources thread.

I actually did ask it in Sipu's Chat 2 but I doubt he will know the answer.
If his addon would allow me to do this or edit groups in Styles properties I wouldnt have asked the question....

NandorHUN

I don't think you understand how to run a forum. First, chat applications are very resource hungry. Having one chat option is already not so good, having 2 is definitely not recommended, hence why both at the same time doesn't work as it seems. Secondly, I haven't used any chat addons, but I am sure they have "rooms" where people with usergroups can access only their "room".
Well, but I cant turn it off and on, so users with more privilege simply see all the groups.

If Sipu's Chat 2 would let me turn on off chat groups in Style properties that would be the best.... but I wasnt able to find such option.

sbj

Well, but I cant turn it off and on, so users with more privilege simply see all the groups.
I don't understand. You create room A for usergroup A. Then room B for usergroup B. Easy as that. Then they only see their own rooms.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I thought this is the resources thread.

This forum is for:
Non-release-related resource and add-on discussions. Covers things such as general suggestion/feedback gathering, sneak peaks and early previews, and general discussion about the state of the resource/add-on community. Please do not post support requests in this forum.

Discussion for existing resources takes place in the dedicated resource thread.

Only the add-on authors or those using the add-on can answer questions related to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.