1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 IE posting issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by GeoD3, Nov 27, 2013.

1. GeoD3

GeoD3 New Member

Hello, I'm noticing some issues in IE10 when creating a thread. When I click Create Thread, it looks like it's trying to post, then nothing happens. I have to repeat this action a few times for it to actually post. I don't have this issue when testing on the same computer with Chrome or Firefox.

Any advice would be great appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Use a better browser (I'm completely joking of course). lol

Seriously though
    .... Where is this happening (link to site please) and what add-ons do you have installed?

3. GeoD3

GeoD3 New Member

I agree, I think IE is garbage, I only use it for testing purposes. The site isn't ready to go live so I don't wish to post the URL, however I can MSG you the URL. The only thing I have installed is a theme: UI.X . Could it possibly be related to the theme?

4. Adam Howard

It is possible.

Send me the link via PM.
    If you have made any changes, also include admin user name and password so I can take a more closer look.

5. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Create a Default Style and test IE on that, this will most likely show the custom Style is the issue.

6. GeoD3

GeoD3 New Member

Thanks guys, I switched to the default theme and didn't see the issues. I'll report it to the company who created the theme. Thank you for the prompt support!

7. Adam Howard

This should show you something, without giving your site away....

2013-11-26 20 58 35.png

You've clearly made some changes and / or installed something. This is the default style.

8. GeoD3

GeoD3 New Member

That's just the logo being too tall for the default style isn't it? I had the settings set to force the UI.X theme and only unchecked a couple forums to test when AndyB suggested it....

9. Adam Howard

The blurred out title there is different from the main UI.X style.
    Untitled.png

As I don't have login details, I can't exactly see what is causing IE to load a little slower than the rest. I can comment that this style though seems the slowest in IE.

But as I noted in my PM to you, even using Firefox seemed slow to me. Your site took sometime to load for me.

But back to the original issue, your site did seem a bit sluggish when I was typing out a message in the editor (both IE and Firefox).

• The slow download speed would be a hosting issue (8 seconds is high for an empty site)
    • The design flaw however, @Audentio would have to take a look at this since you told me in a PM you made some changes.