Fixed  IE 8, beta 5... is this a bug?

CurveGotti

I never use internet explorer for browsing, but recently I've been using it while setting up my forums to view things from a regular account while browsing from firefox with my admin account. I've noticed in internet expolorer 8 with Beta 5 that while viewing threads the page constantly is reloading. While trying to make replies the action is constantly interupted by the reloading. I am not sure if this is an actual bug or if it is just my internet explorer settings, as I said I do not use it. At first I thought maybe the page was trying to interact with facebook connect from xenforo because the account is linked, so I tried internet explorer 8 to view a thread here on XenForo as my account is not linked to facebook, but it constantly happens here too.

Is anyone else having this issue?

p.s. my apologizes if this has already been posted I did use search to check and had no results. If anyone has already posted this feel free to post a link to the first thread and close.

I've just noticed the same, except in my case it caused the browser to crash.

It only seems to be when viewing a thread, viewing the forum index doesn't pose a problem, only when you click into a thread.

I've just noticed the same, except in my case it caused the browser to crash.

It only seems to be when viewing a thread, viewing the forum index doesn't pose a problem, only when you click into a thread.

Works exactly the same way for me, as far as I can tell it only happens in thread view.

I'm not seeing that behaviour with IE8, either logged in or out.

How often does the page refresh?

I'm not seeing that behaviour with IE8, either logged in or out.

How often does the page refresh?

Do you have javascript enabled? I just realized I block it on IE I think... Seems like the like controller might be what's doing it.... since java is not enabled I think the page is continously reloading to check for likes.... that's the url that displays at least from what I can see... it goes so fast it's hard to catch the whole thing

It does it with IE8 64 bit for me.

It's related to the Facebook API, I can see it in the browser toolbar at the bottom.

Wow this is pretty serious because alot of people use IE, so this gets me worried, I wish I would ve waited for xenforo to be out of beta.

I just changed my settings to be just about as lienient as I think you can possibly be for my trusted sites zone and added this site and loaded it and it still does it....

Wow this is pretty serious because alot of people use IE, so this gets me worried, I wish I would ve waited for xenforo to be out of beta.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I saw it, a lot of the people that visit the site I'm setting up will probably be using IE.

It does it with IE8 64 bit for me.

It's related to the Facebook API, I can see it in the browser toolbar at the bottom.

That's strange since I don't use the facebook connect, but I assume it must load anyway due to the like button etc.

That's strange since I don't use the facebook connect, but I assume it must load anyway due to the like button etc.
The Facebook API in the ACP is for logging in and registering via Facebook.

The Recommend button at the bottom of threads is independent to that.

You can disable the Recommend feature though in the ACP -> Options -> Facebook: Enable Facebook Like / Recommend Feature

recommend.webp

Undoubtedly there will be but in the meantime, anyone who is experiencing this issue can disable the Recommend feature until it is resolved.

Undoubtedly there will be but in the meantime, anyone who is experiencing this issue can disable the Recommend feature until it is resolved.

Yeah I am sure it won't be too long before it happens. Something I find even more odd is immediately after disabling it, I enabled it again, now it works and shows correct in FireFox but isn't appearing at all in IE even if I clear everything out and restart the browser. Kind of nice now I get the best of both worlds.

Related to this problem somewhat, I noticed that if the fb "recommend" button is used, the post to facebook includes the Xenforo Logo, not some other logo, is that the intended behavior? It appears to use the png file from /styles/default/xenforo/logo.og.png maybe?

Top Bottom