Ideas for a karma/reputation mod?

Markos

I want to create a simple mod for a karma/reputation system on my xenforo board.

But i have problem on decide the ranking factors...

Message + Like * Trophy Points = Karma Points

But for the moment this is very limited to the predifined trophy points...i hope to see soon the trophy customizable.

You have ideas for creating a reputation system?

I don't get this.

What is the point of having another way of showing someones helpfulness, when there is already a like system, as well as trophies (Which can be used to give different reward levels based on likes).

Reputation went way underused on every forum I've used, or have run, almost always being overtaken by the thanks system.

If anything, I'd love to see the current likes/trophy system expanded in some way with more flexibility on how they can be obtained and a more enhanced leaderboard. Maybe even gifts that can be given from one member to another that can be unlocked according to the trophies or something.

However if you need a karma/rep mod specifically for your board, I'd still love to see the results!

Doesn't the Like system already do that?

Yes, but is easy for a user to get more likes...simply can ask another users to like this content.... I can't obligate my users to like only useful contest...the like function can't be limited. Is personal. But with trophies, if in the 1.1 are possible to offer custom trophies, the karma point is correlated to the true and quality activity of users. I think there are a huge difference.

However if you need a karma/rep mod specifically for your board, I'd still love to see the results!

It's estetically very similar to the reputation points to IPB, but the factors are the "post/likes and trophies points".

Yes, but is easy for a user to get more likes...simply can ask another users to like this content.... I can't obligate my users to like only useful contest...the like function can't be limited. Is personal. But with trophies, if in the 1.1 are possible to offer custom trophies, the karma point is correlated to the true and quality activity of users. I think there are a huge difference.

It's estetically very similar to the reputation points to IPB, but the factors are the "post/likes and trophies points".
Gaming a reputation or karma system is as easy as gaming a like system.

Gaming a reputation or karma system is as easy as gaming a like system.

Not so easy if the factors are not "public". In my system, the majority of karma are setted by trophies points. If the trophies are manually awarded by staff, you understand that it's not easy to "cheat" that. Also, i have another idea to create a "multiplier" of points of the many active users setted by staff based on user activity and contribution...

I think all they need to do is add pictures to the trophies earned and the system would be epic. Out of all the forum systems I've used, the only one where I have participated in the rep system has been xen's like implementation.

Top Bottom