XF 1.5 Icons instead of Avatars on Alerts?

mauzao9

4f8IjtH.png

That is what i wanted to achieve on the alert system. I find it confusing, specially when you have many alerts to read when you pop on the forum in question, it's hard to distinguish likes / replies / quotes, etc... and get to the ones you want to click on, as replies/quotes.

So i wondered, why are the avatars there so important? Why not replace them with fontawesome Icons, showing something that makes distinguish the type of alert much easier?

And here i am, asking if someone knows a way to achieve this. If this isn't something that simple, you consider a mod request maybe?

Thanks!

I really like this idea actually. If there was a way to somehow generate a class to the list item depending on what type of alert it is, it would make it really simple to do with FA.

Screenshot_6.webp

(just don't know how to do the hard part :D )

Couldn't you assign a class to the popup alert?

Code:
{xen:phrase x_quoted_your_post_in_thread_y,
    'name={xen:helper username, $user, 'subject'}',
    'title=<a href="{xen:link posts, $content}" class="PopupItemLink">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $content}{$content.title}</a>'}

That is being quoted, the alert that pops up... the template. Just add "alertQuotedPost" after -or before- PopupItemLink, right?

Am I right in thinking this?

Top Bottom