1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 "classic" thread icons option instead of avatars

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Live Free, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Live Free

Live Free Active Member

So I'm getting closer and closer to upgrading from vBulletin. However, there are a few things I'll need to solve before I can make the jump. Some of my members have grown accustomed to the classic vbulletin thread icon system... as opposed to Xenforo avatars on the thread list. I hacked the vb board to show avatars some time ago, but some members still like the class view, and I've kept that as an option.

When I say classic view I mean this: http://i.imgur.com/mJ3pT83.png

They want to know which threads are new and which threads they've posted in - without avatars.

I don't want to disable the avatar system entirely - just give an option - probably through an alternative style (ideally through the usercp) - for members to go to the classic icon view.

Is there any easy way to do this?

Would I have to use conditional statements in a separate style?
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The conditionals you will need are already in the thread_list template (template name may be wrong). It's. matter of rewriting the HTML accordingly.