Icewind Staff [Deleted]

It doesn't seem to show any users, I've selected the groups I'd like to show but no one appears.
Do you mean that the Staff Tab you created shows on the nav bar (or members tab), and it doesn't show any members when you select it? Or does the tab not show at all? If it is the latter, have you checked that the permission to view Staff Tabs is set to allow? And if so, the only other two things I can think of is that the tab is not set to active, or is set to not be public.

I'd also love it if it were able to have different ordering variables, e.g the groups Display Priority, and also as someone mentioned above, an option to have multiple groups display on one page.
I don't have it installed at the moment on my dev site but I am sure the tabs and groups are sorted by display order. I'll need to check into this. After I finish with my Roster add-on I'll add the option to list multiple groups on one page (it was how the original staff add-on worked).

Do you mean that the Staff Tab you created shows on the nav bar (or members tab), and it doesn't show any members when you select it?

Correct, viewing the pages are fine but it doesn't show any members on any of the group pages.
250S65S18.png

There's definitely multiple staff in the Administrator group.
It's weird as if a user is part of a X group Senior Moderator for example, they do not display. If I add them to a secondary group, Moderator for example, they display on the moderator page.

243S94S48.png

That user only displays on the Moderator page and not on the Senior Moderator page at all.

I don't have it installed at the moment on my dev site but I am sure the tabs and groups are sorted by display order. I'll need to check into this. After I finish with my Roster add-on I'll add the option to list multiple groups on one page (it was how the original staff add-on worked).
It's displaying alphabetically at the moment, just looks a bit strange to have Mod's displayed before Owners, and the all in one page option would be a great additional option! :)

Last edited:
@Nentify thanks for the screen shot, really helpful. As the XenForo manual highly recommends all members, including Administrators, have their primary user group set to Registered (or in your case Member), Staff was coded to work off of secondary user groups only. The manual entry is found here: https://xenforo.com/help/user-groups/

On my site, and on my dev site, where I am the super administrators my primary usergroup is Registered, and my secondary user group is Administrative for both. This set-up allows admins to manage permissions a lot easier, as permissions are accumulative. For the user in your screen shot, set User Group to Member, and check the Senior Moderator box for the secondary user groups. That will work, :)

I re-installed my Staff add-on, and you are correct for the display options as you can select several groups to be displayed. I'll add an option under each user group to set the display order for the next release. This doesn't affect my Roster add-on I am working on as each roster is built from one user group only, and each roster has their own display order setting (I just tested the display order to be sure it works correctly and it does).

@Nentify thanks for the screen shot, really helpful. As the XenForo manual highly recommends all members, including Administrators, have their primary user group set to Registered (or in your case Member), Staff was coded to work off of secondary user groups only. The manual entry is found here: https://xenforo.com/help/user-groups/

On my site, and on my dev site, where I am the super administrators my primary usergroup is Registered, and my secondary user group is Administrative for both. This set-up allows admins to manage permissions a lot easier, as permissions are accumulative. For the user in your screen shot, set User Group to Member, and check the Senior Moderator box for the secondary user groups. That will work, :)

I re-installed my Staff add-on, and you are correct for the display options as you can select several groups to be displayed. I'll add an option under each user group to set the display order for the next release. This doesn't affect my Roster add-on I am working on as each roster is built from one user group only, and each roster has their own display order setting (I just tested the display order to be sure it works correctly and it does).

Ah I see! I'll go through and redo all my staff groups, many thanks!
I'm liking the sound of the roster add on you're talking about also :)

Lawrence updated Icewind Staff with a new update entry:

Added a couple of requested features

Icewind Staff v1.1
- added phrases for home, middle, and end
- added an option per created tab to display all groups and their members list on one page. See SS.
- added display order for each selected group. If two or more groups have the same display order, those groups are sorted by display order and group name. See SS.

View attachment 90938 View attachment 90940

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just updated... but it doesn't seem to work... getting "The requested page could not be found."

Okay...deleted the old tab... made a new one...and it works!

Thanks for the update Lawrence.

Hi, thanks for reporting this. I didn't realize when you upgraded an add-on the routes that were already in place were deleted by updating (I knew they were on installation). I'll have a fix for this behavior tomorrow.

You do not need to delete the old tab, just rename it to something else, hit save, then rename it back to your original tabs name. :)

Hi ,
I have This error :
Code:
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\Parallels\Plesk Panel\Vhosts\roughnecks-germany.de\httpdocs\library\XenForo\Template\Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 21: 20:         ';
21: foreach ($subLinks AS $staff_link)
22: {

Template Errors: iwd_staff_tabs_links
1.Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\Parallels\Plesk Panel\Vhosts\roughnecks-germany.de\httpdocs\library\XenForo\Template\Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 21: 20:         ';

1.Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\Parallels\Plesk Panel\Vhosts\roughnecks-germany.de\httpdocs\library\XenForo\Template\Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 21: 20:         ';

Hi ,
I have This error :
Code:
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\Parallels\Plesk Panel\Vhosts\roughnecks-germany.de\httpdocs\library\XenForo\Template\Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 21: 20:         ';

Thanks for reporting it, and good timing as I have 1.1.1 ready to be released with the fix for the route not found error after upgrading.

Was this a fresh install or an update?
Tabs are not cached if there are no groups selected when you create a Tab in the admin CP and save it, so that error should not happen at all.

I can't reproduce this error. I've upgraded 1.0 to 1.1 with active tabs, without any tabs, and with a tab set to be displayed on the Nav Bar and another in the Members Tab. I did come across a different error that I fixed, but that was caused by an unknown index, after the upgrade completed.

Lawrence updated Icewind Staff with a new update entry:

Upgrading Patch

- added a rebuild staff cache after install/upgrade
- added a listener to re-install created routes after an upgrade

To Install for the first time, see install instructions in the read me file. Standard install.

To upgrade from v1.0 or v1.1:
1. Upload the contents of the upload directory to yourXenForo/ overwriting existing Icewind Staff files.
2. Navigate to AdminCP > Addons > Icewind Staff > Controls: Upgrade Add-on and select the xml file found in this package.
3. Make sure...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi

Great addon, could not figure out why it's a XF feature :)
But, but but ... WHY DO YOU ADD A FACEBOOK RECOMMENDS block ? Is there any option to turn this block off ?

Thank you anyway :)

Is there any option to turn this block off ?

There's not a config option in the ACP but it's really simple to just edit the staff list template and remove the FB Recommendations include which can just be reverted once Lawrence adds a config option.

Last edited:
There's not a config option in the ACP but it's really simple to just edit the staff list template and remove the FB Recommendations include, that's what I did.
Yeah, that's I did too, but it is always annoying to degrade the templates of an addon, espcially if you want to keep it up to date :)
That's just a remark :)

I have user group promotions set, so when someone ranks up to another higher secondary user group they are still assigned to the group before, so when you add groups to a tab and check: "List all selected groups on one page?" it places the user in both user groups instead of the highest display priority group. I have banner stacking disabled.

@rdx this was done by design as this add-on was primarily created to list staff members. For example: if you have a moderator that also writes TV show reviews that person should be recognized in both the moderator and review groups.

I have't looked at displaying members of multiple groups only in one group based on display priority. If it is feasible I'll add that as an option for the next release.

Understood. I have been digging around the forums here and found that it is possible to remove the previous rank if the previous promotion group is set with a "NOT member of FUTURE GROUP", once the user is upgraded it drops the previous rank because it no longer meets the requirement conditions.

Top Bottom