Icewind Staff [Deleted]

Lawrence

Lawrence submitted a new resource:

Icewind Staff - Create custom staff tabs for the navigation bar and/or members tab

Icewind Staff gives administrators the ability to create one or more tabs to be placed on the navigation bar or as a sub-menu item under the Members tab, to highlight members of specific user groups.

This version is compatible only with XenForo 1.4+. If there is enough interest I will release a version to remove the view members tab permission check and the 1.4 check on install, if an older version of XF is detected.

Features:
  • Create unlimited number of tabs: sponsors, our...

Read more about this resource...

@Lawrence - is this the intended "roster" app that you were developing?

Thanks

This is a replacement for XenStaff that I released when XenForo 1.0 was not even considered stable (IIRC). XenStaff is over 4 years old, I didn't expect anyone to be still using it, but I had a few recent inquiries about it, enough so, that I decided to re-write it. I started off using some parts of my roster add-on to speed up the development of Staff, but gave up on that when I found I was re-writing most of that code, and therefore not saving any time.

XenStaff is over 4 years old, I didn't expect anyone to be still using it, but I had a few recent inquiries about it, enough so, that I decided to re-write it.

I still am, heavily modified though. First couple of modifications where light. Changed the query for alphabetizing the users. Added the ability to order the user groups (did this 2 ways, manual versus order by styling priority). Those where the 2 biggest requests originally for your addon. Then came changes as per the request of the particular site. More now... One of these days I will write one from scratch.

Looking through the screen shots this seems to be a whole different animal. Very comprehensive and powerful.

I still am, heavily modified though. First couple of modifications where light. Changed the query for alphabetizing the users. Added the ability to order the user groups (did this 2 ways, manual versus order by styling priority). Those where the 2 biggest requests originally for your addon. Then came changes as per the request of the particular site. More now... One of these days I will write one from scratch.

Looking through the screen shots this seems to be a whole different animal. Very comprehensive and powerful.

Cool, for how you modified it, :)

I thought of adding alphabetizing users for Staff but didn't think it was worth while enough as most sites wouldn't have that many staff members (the intention of the add-on), maybe a page or two. The roster add-on will have it as it's intention is totally different.

This is brilliant. The only feature that I wish was included was the ability to show all groups on one page, so no pagination.

Thanks. :)

Are you referring to show all members of a group on one page, or the list of groups? If it is all members I can add a per page option and you can set it to a value equal or greater to the number of members you have for any of the groups. There is no pagination for the list of groups.

The next release will happen after I release my roster add-on.

Thanks. :)

Are you referring to show all members of a group on one page, or the list of groups? If it is all members I can add a per page option and you can set it to a value equal or greater to the number of members you have for any of the groups. There is no pagination for the list of groups.

The next release will happen after I release my roster add-on.
Um, I'm looking for the ability to display all groups with members on the same page. Similar to how XenStaff displayed all groups and members on a single page.

Um, I'm looking for the ability to display all groups with members on the same page. Similar to how XenStaff displayed all groups and members on a single page.

Got it, :) I'll see about adding that back in for the next release. IIRC the biggest complaint about XenStaff was that it displayed all groups and members on one page, and that is why I never considered adding it as an option to Staff.

Can you tell more about this addon? I also wait the one page display, the way you did with XenStaff =D

Are you referring to the roster add-on? In a nutshell, the roster add-on has leaders and an invitation system. Rosters can also be set to allow members to join without an invitation or to leave one. If a leader leaves his own roster, then the second leader is automatically promoted to leader. If there is no second, the roster is closed to new members as a precaution (if a leader leaves, probably means he is ticked and if he set a secret roster to be public, and opens it up to be joined freely, and then leaves, that would not be good).

Discovered a small bug...when "Child Tab?" is set, pagination does not work... it gives an error when I try to click on the second page.

Discovered a small bug...when "Child Tab?" is set, pagination does not work... it gives an error when I try to click on the second page.

Confirmed, and fixed for next release. Thanks for reporting it.

That happened when Use Full Friendly URLs was unchecked in XenForo SEO options, and your tab is set to be a child tab of the members tab. Before release, I tested Staff with this setting checked and un-checked, when set to be a stand-alone tab, and of course it worked. I just over-looked the Child Tab setting when testing that option, :oops:

Here is the fix, now, if you do not mind editing a file:
In file: Icewind/Staff/Listener/Proxy/ControllerMember.php
Find (including the semi-colon at the end):
PHP:
$plink = XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink($tab['route'] . '/list', $tab['links'][$group_id]);
and replace with:
PHP:
$group_link = XenForo_Link::buildIntegerAndTitleUrlComponent($group_id, $group_name);
        $plink = $tab['route'] . '/' . $group_link . '/list';
As a note, if you apply the above fix, the file health check will fail, but you can ignore that.

Reactions: GAP
Damn Lawrence...that was a flash-fast reply. I barely hit the submit button :)

Btw, thanks for this cool plugin.

I think I found another issue... a group is still displayed even after it has been deleted. It doesn't show up in the admin panel, but it does show on the front end. The group I deleted had zero users in it. I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.

I think I found another issue... a group is still displayed even after it has been deleted. It doesn't show up in the admin panel, but it does show on the front end. The group I deleted had zero users in it. I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.

When you delete a user group, you will need to re-save the Tab the group was a part of, as it doesn't know until the save that the user group no longer exists. I'll look at extending the user group to handle this in the future.

It doesn't seem to show any users, I've selected the groups I'd like to show but no one appears.
I'd also love it if it were able to have different ordering variables, e.g the groups Display Priority, and also as someone mentioned above, an option to have multiple groups display on one page.

Top Bottom