Icewind Staff [Deleted]

Lawrence updated Icewind Staff with a new update entry:

Feature requests

This update includes the following additions:

AdminCp->Options->Icewind Staff Options
Include Primary User Group - defaulted to off. This option was added for sites that have migrated over from another forum software where the a members primary user group may not be the registered user group.

Applications->Icewind Staff->Staff Tabs->Add/Edit Tab
Under Parent, you can now select the notable members page. If you select this option the list of user group(s) members are...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Love the resource! Is it possible to remove the XenForo 'Members' tab?

Thanks!

Not with the add-on. I looked at doing that, but to do so the Staff add-on would need to handle any link that highlights the members tab, ie: profile page, and this falls out of the scope of what the add-on is for, :)

Not with the add-on. I looked at doing that, but to do so the Staff add-on would need to handle any link that highlights the members tab, ie: profile page, and this falls out of the scope of what the add-on is for, :)
Ah I see - thank you for your reply! I did however manage to suss this out, all you have to do is deny uaergroups the 'View Member list' permission which works just as well for me.

Thanks,

Ah I see - thank you for your reply! I did however manage to suss this out, all you have to do is deny uaergroups the 'View Member list' permission which works just as well for me.

Thanks,

In one of my previous incarnations of the staff add-on, I had a setting that allowed it to take control of the members tab and route. I removed that a while back, and can't remember exactly why, :confused:

Haha the permissions system works fine anyway! Another question, is it possible to set a message to display when there are no users in a group underneath the header?

Haha the permissions system works fine anyway! Another question, is it possible to set a message to display when there are no users in a group underneath the header?

As long as you have a group selected, the description you filled out will be displayed, :)

Thank you for the great addon, i was just wondering if there was a way to add custom profile fields to the template in the same way its possible to do it in the notable members list ($user.customFields.field)

I'm not sure how people usually add custom user fields to Notable Members. When I wanted to remove certain information of members of a certain usergroup from the member list, I simply modified the template to add template conditionals. I did the same with this add-on's template since it used its own template for the member list.

Thank you for the great addon, i was just wondering if there was a way to add custom profile fields to the template in the same way its possible to do it in the notable members list ($user.customFields.field)

TBH, I never used custom fields or even looked at them. Any custom data my site has is generated by my RPG add-on which my roster add-on will support. Because the roster add-on is meant to handle a variety of user groups with different types of data it will also (eventually) support custom fields. When that part of the rosters is done I will upgrade the staff add-on to support custom fields.

<xen:if is="{xen:helper userFieldValue, $userFieldsInfo.discord, $user, {$user.customFields.discord}}">
<br>Discord: {$user.customFields.discord}</xen:if>

is forexample how i handled it in the normal member list (but only works in notable members list due to xenforo limitations?)

The thing is that 2 or 3 versions ago this was working with this exact method in this addon's generated lists tho so im not sure what changed or how i got it working last time :p
anyways thanks for the response

I'm not sure of what changes I have made that would interfere with your above helper, in theory none should have.

On a side note, I haven't looked at my roster add-on for a few months, and seen it already supports custom user fields, go figure. I really need to dispose of my lava lamp.

Yeah, in the editor you'll be able to see that iwd_staff_notable uses iwd_staff_member_list_item, which is why I thought that it'd be best to tell you to check iwd_staff_notable.

And... weird, I can't seem to get custom field to work even in the the native notable members page..

@zenthal Ah, i see. Then that's definitely XenForo's limitation. Oh well, I had no plan to add custom user field to member list, so I already reverted the change I did on my board, lol

Top Bottom