Icewind Staff [Deleted]

Hey, could you write an option to display the primary usergroup instead of secondary usergroup?
My Forum looks nice with banners - they listen on the secondary group.. and I haven't one person is Headadmin and Helper at the same time :D

Hey, could you write an option to display the primary usergroup instead of secondary usergroup?
My Forum looks nice with banners - they listen on the secondary group.. and I haven't one person is Headadmin and Helper at the same time :D

If I understand correctly what you are asking: the primary user group is set to registered for all members, that is why this add-on does not include it. All members, regardless if they are regular members or the site owner should all have their primary user group set to registered. If you have members whose primary user group is not set as registered, I encourage you to take the time and set them to registered, and then add their old primary user group to their secondary ones.

Great update to the old add on Lawrence, works great :)

One suggestion for improvement would be the ability to optionally add a usergroup tab to the notable members page like this:

View attachment 93680
+1, I used to manually edit XenForo core files to do this, but I'd lose those changes whenever I updated XenForo, so it wasn't a method that I could keep for the long run, which is why I'd love to have this feature included.

Tabs can be placed under the members tab, I elected to not give the option to display them with the notable members pane because it seemed it would make it look too busy for me. If I come across any bugs that need fixing for this add-on, I'll add in the option then (I'm just too busy otherwise, but you never know).

Oh well, I'll just make do with adding the tabs as a child tab of Members tab, I guess. Thanks for the add-on, by the way!

@Lawrence For some reason, when I set a certain tab to list a certain user group and display as a child tab, then visit the child tab, the title on the browser tab will use the selected user group name instead (https://www.endlesshorizon.net/administrative-members/list).

Hi, :) This add-on was designed to use it's own navigation tab(s), foremost. When placed under the Members tab, IIRC, it was done so that the selected user group and the action can be routed to the controller without the need of an additional query.

I intentionally made bunches of user groups with prefix ("Special:", "General:", etc.) to do certain modifications with mere template conditionals (ismemberof). Is there no way for the add-on to simply use the provided "Title" for the tab instead? I'd guess that'd have much more sense than using the user group's name.

Try to visit the linked page and look at your browser's tab. Instead of using the provided tab "title", the tab will display the selected user group "title" instead.

That was by design so that when using the members tab for each group it behaved like the notable members tab, current visitors tab, etc. If you decided to list all groups on one page, then the tabs name was used as the title.

To use the tab name for your set-up, edit: iwd_staff_members_list
At the very top replace {$name} with {$tab.name}, and hit save. I just tested this and the name of the tab is displayed in the tab of my browser, :)

You may want to change the H1 to reflect the user group name? just use {$name}

To use the tab name for your set-up, edit: iwd_staff_members_list
At the very top replace {$name} with {$tab.name}, and hit save. I just tested this and the name of the tab is displayed in the tab of my browser, :)
Thanks a lot! For some reason I wasn't thinking of the possibility to edit the template (instead, I thought of editing the PHP files, but I gave up after a few seconds to due fatigue - I couldn't stand looking at the codes for long, lol..).
You may want to change the H1 to reflect the user group name? just use {$name}
I'll stick with {$tab.name} for both browser's tab and H1. User group names in my board is too "technical" for non-admins to even care about, lol..

I haven't used this add-on for quite some time, and forgotten how much flexibility it has for displaying user groups. My roster add-on will probably not have as much flexibility, but it is a lot more powerful (allow users to join a user group, leave a user group, be booted from a user group, be invited into a user group, etc) and is why I haven't used the staff add-on for a while.

Would it be possible to have the addon make a tab on the current notable members page instead of creating a seperate page for it?
Looking forward to your response.

Thanks!

Would it be possible to have the addon make a tab on the current notable members page instead of creating a seperate page for it?
Looking forward to your response.

Thanks!

I'm looking forward to my response too...

I never even considered it, because to me staff are not notable members (they are staff members), and a list of staff on the same page with those with the most likes, most messages, most points, just doesn't fit right. That's why I added an option to remove the staff list from the notable members page. It's why I also created an add-on to remove staff from the most likes, most messages, most points tabs, to make the notable members page be about your regular everyday Joe's - G.I., or not, :)

I'm looking forward to my response too...
We care so much about eachother, lovely!

I never even considered it, because to me staff are not notable members (they are staff members), and a list of staff on the same page with those with the most likes, most messages, most points, just doesn't fit right. That's why I added an option to remove the staff list from the notable members page. It's why I also created an add-on to remove staff from the most likes, most messages, most points tabs, to make the notable members page be about your regular everyday Joe's - G.I., or not,

Do you think it would be too hard to implement?
Basically a checkbox which says:
"List as Noteable members tab".

I'd honestly love if you added this!

Top Bottom