Add-on Icewind Rosters

Lawrence

I'm starting this thread looking for feedback on what the Rosters add-on should include or not include. As things are falling into place I thought this would be a good time to start this thread.

Right now I'm working on the leaders side of things, so far the primary leader can (if the rights are set by the admin):
- appoint a second leader
- remove a second leader
- edit/change a second leaders rights, listed below
- change secrecy level
- edit secrecy message (teaser)
- change join status
- send invites
- remove members from the roster
- edit roster description
- edit roster banner

Seconds can (if given by an admin, or roster leader):
- change secrecy level
- edit secrecy message (teaser)
- change join status
- send invites (default, yes)
- remove members from the roster (default, yes)
- edit roster description
- edit roster banner

Notes about leaders:

As there is a permission to allow members to freely remove themselves as a member of any roster, if a leader removes themselves from the roster, the second is automatically promoted to leader. If there is no second to promote, the roster is automatically closed to join requests and the secrecy level is set to the highest level. This way if a leader has a falling out with members of his secret guild and decides to get back at them by setting the secrecy level to it's lowest setting and the join-status to open before he leaves, the guild basically goes into lock-down.

If there is a forum set up for members of this roster, leaders and seconds do not need to be content moderators. Admins may only want global moderators to handle all moderation duties for all his forums. If Admins want only content moderators to be leaders and seconds, then they should take away the leaders ability to add/remove a second, and make the content moderators of those forums the leader and second.

Questions:
Should there be more than one secondary leader for a particular roster? If so, how many? Increasing the amount from my side of things is relatively easy with the way it is handled. Are there any more tasks a leader and secondary leader can perform that I haven't thought of?

Thanks for any feedback on the leadership side, it is appreciated.

Last edited:
This looks very promising, I'd say for secondary leader should max out at 3. I can see this being used by various gaming sites so that's where the 3 comes from. Other than that I think you have a solid set up. :)

Top Bottom