Icewind Dale RP Prune Conversations [Deleted]

Could this addon be made to automatically prune conversations?
With user permissions so that different usergroups are allowed to keep their conversations for different lengths of time?

Last edited:
Could this addon be made to automatically prune conversations?
With user permissions so that different usergroups are allowed to keep their conversations for different lengths of time?

@Stuart Wright Hi sorry for the very long time to reply. This add-on is no longer supported, however; to get myself back up to speed on XF's 1.2 changes and added features to help me code my Roster add-on up to standards I am re-coding my smaller ones. This add-on is one of them that I am starting on hopefully today. I will be adding a couple of more conversation tools, and I will look at your usergroup suggestion.

Last edited:
@Stuart Wright
I added 3 new conversation permissions per user group. The first is a limit on how many conversations they can start, and another is in what time frame. For example, you can set that members of the Registered group can create 4 PC's over every X number of days, or set it so that they only ever create a maximum of 10 PCs (unless they are added to another group that allows unlimited or a higher totals, of course).

The 3rd permission I added is how long they can retain their conversations. I opted to not go the delete conversations route as Admins and Mods would not be able to retain them, so I have it that members are automatically removed from all conversations they have that are older than X days. This way, members of other user groups can still retain the conversations for a longer time (or unlimited time). Doing it this way does not require a cron to run, the check is done automatically when a member goes to their inbox. When the last member leaves the conversation, the conversation will get deleted anyways. I hope this will suffice. If not any other idea would be appreciated.

@Stuart Wright
I added 3 new conversation permissions per user group. The first is a limit on how many conversations they can start, and another is in what time frame. For example, you can set that members of the Registered group can create 4 PC's over every X number of days, or set it so that they only ever create a maximum of 10 PCs (unless they are added to another group that allows unlimited or a higher totals, of course).

The 3rd permission I added is how long they can retain their conversations. I opted to not go the delete conversations route as Admins and Mods would not be able to retain them, so I have it that members are automatically removed from all conversations they have that are older than X days. This way, members of other user groups can still retain the conversations for a longer time (or unlimited time). Doing it this way does not require a cron to run, the check is done automatically when a member goes to their inbox. When the last member leaves the conversation, the conversation will get deleted anyways. I hope this will suffice. If not any other idea would be appreciated.
Sounds good. Is this going to be part of your new conversations addon?

Sounds good. Is this going to be part of your new conversations addon?

Yes. :)

The pruning side is re-written to use the deferred method now.

I also added (in the AdminCP only) the ability to search for PCs by member or title keywords/letters. The results are paginated and from the list you have the opportunity to view the conversations, delete individually, or if the search is by user name delete all PC's by that user. I didn't include the delete all for the title search as you may end up deleting a lot more PC's than intended. However, if you search for a title that has "watches" in it (spammer example) and view the conversation, from there you can pull up all PC's by the conversation starter and delete them all at once.

This was added for 2 reasons:

First if a spammer started to PC in-active members and they do not get reported, Admins won't know and they will never be deleted as there are participants still in the conversations. Now, you can look for PC's every once in a while containing certain key words, or by new members.

Secondly, unlike reported posts where you can visit the thread and read how it began to devolve, with reported messages in conversations you can't and therefore not know the whole story. If a conversation message gets reported, you can choose to read the conversation and then make an informed decision for what action to take, if any.

The down-side is that Admins can search and read PC's by any member they choose without any one knowing, but that is not the intention of the search for PC options.

Top Bottom