Icewind Clone Node [Deleted]

Lawrence

Lawrence submitted a new resource:

Icewind Clone Node - Clones (copies) a node including permissions and moderators.

What it Does:
This add-on will allow admins to clone forums, pages, link forums, and categories. It copies permissions and moderators (if selected), all settings and prefixes. You may change any setting before you click the Clone button, including its parent.

This add-on does not copy settings that may have been added by other add-ons. It can be extended to do so. It also does not copy child nodes when selecting to clone a node with children.

Template Edits: None

Template...

Read more about this resource...

first thanks for this work

You may change any setting before you click the Clone button, including its parent.

u mean by this after click clone i can change what i want and after click clone will clone the rest setting where i didnt change right ?!

first thanks for this work
u mean by this after click clone i can change what i want and after click clone will clone the rest setting where i didnt change right ?!
Yes.

You do not need to make any changes unless prompted to. Example, link forums require a unique title, and a pop-up will let you know that the title is already in use when you hit the Clone button.

Hm okay, will you add this in the future? :)
I'm not sure. I would find it pretty useful for cloning forums for guilds that have multiple child forums. The problem would be the automatic cloning of child forums that may require unique information (if the parent has a link forum for example). A check could go in to not clone child link forums or at least add something extra to the Title that an admin can change later.

With the above said, it is something I would like to have implemented. In my case it would save a lot of work.

I have found a bug!!

When duplicating a "page" node, the template content (on the second tab) clones fine, however it erases the template content on the original node.

I have found a bug!!

When duplicating a "page" node, the template content (on the second tab) clones fine, however it erases the template content on the original node.

Thanks for reporting it, hence the "like". I just tested this and the bug is confirmed. This is odd as the original node, regardless of node type, is not touched. At least the data was not lost. When I tested it on my site, I copied and pasted the cloned page's html back into the original page and it saved it normally, but need to get this fixed as it defeats the purpose of cloning, :)

Reactions: Rob
@Rob fixed on my dev site. The original template id for the HTML code was used when cloning the page, therefore the template for the HTML was re-assigned to the new cloned page (that is why the original page that was cloned did not have any HTML, after the new cloned page was saved). I set the template id to 0 and now during the cloning save the cloned template is now given it's own template id. The bug was caused by an oversight on my part.

I'll re-package it and upload as a new version here.

Lawrence updated Icewind Clone Node:

Fixed a bug that caused the template id for HTML to be reassigned from the original Page Node to the Cloned Page Node.

Note, the readme says Icewind Clone Nodes version 1.0 and 1.0.1 are compatible with XF 1.4 Beta, I just discovered a compatibility issue pertaining to cloning Forum Nodes on XF 1.4 Beta. The compatibility issue will not cause any loss of data, it just won't allow the Forum Node to be cloned. I'll try to keep the next version compatible with XF versions < 1.4, but no guarantees at this point.

Last edited:
This is a fantastic idea, and I am eagerly awaiting the release of the version that supports 1.4.

Question/suggestion: Would it be possible to create a feature that allows one to empty out the copied categories forums? I have a situation where I need to clone an entire category/forum structure for a new start. But after the clone/copy operation, I would like to empty out the newly cloned forums for a fresh start.

Thanks.

This is a fantastic idea, and I am eagerly awaiting the release of the version that supports 1.4.

Question/suggestion: Would it be possible to create a feature that allows one to empty out the copied categories forums? I have a situation where I need to clone an entire category/forum structure for a new start. But after the clone/copy operation, I would like to empty out the newly cloned forums for a fresh start.

Thanks.

Hi, if I understand correctly, posts and threads do not get cloned, only the forum settings, permissions, and moderators. Currently this add-on does not clone child nodes when you clone their parent node.

Hi @Lawrence,

I know this is a little out of scope for expected "stock functionality" but would you mind updating this to work with @Jake Bunce's Nodes as Tabs?
I just get an error when trying to clone a node and I assume you would just need to pass a few more params.

Jakes mod is one of the most popular here so I know others would have this issue at some point.

The specific error I get when submitting is Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'nat_tab_text' doesn't have a default value. The node actually does get cloned but you cant go back in and edit a thing because trying to save it produces the above error again.

Thanks for your help,

Rob

Last edited:
Hi @Lawrence,

I know this is a little out of scope for expected "stock functionality" but would you mind updating this to work with @Jake Bunce's Nodes as Tabs?
I just get an error when trying to clone a node and I assume you would just need to pass a few more params.

Jakes mod is one of the most popular here so I know others would have this issue at some point.

The specific error I get when submitting is Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'nat_tab_text' doesn't have a default value. The node actually does get cloned but you cant go back in and edit a thing because trying to save it produces the above error again.

Thanks for your help,

Rob

"nat_tab_text" actually is not a field in my addon.

Please post the full error message including the stack trace.

Top Bottom