XF 2.2 I want to install dev.mydomain.com for testing is this the right way to do this ?

spirogg

Hello, just wanting to make sure this is ok to install another copy of xenforo for a dev site to test upgrades etc/ is there a process I need to follow
will you accept it on a sub-domain of my domain?

thanks
Spiro

Last edited:
Solution
Yes, that's normal. Continue and ignore it, as a message. That's it

It will always be shown, if installed on another site, different from that of the license.

It won't give you any problem.
Before deploying the Software, you must register in the XenForo.com customer area the address (URL) at which You will use the License. This URL must be kept up-to-date. You may create additional test installations for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, installed at a URL that makes the testing purpose clear, not used for production purposes and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

@Brogan
I installed on developers site but get this error below

my site is www.mydomain.com/
dev site was installed on
dev.mydomain.com/

The following issues should be resolved. Once they have been resolved, check for upgrades again to confirm.
  • The Board URL option does not match the site URL configured for your license.

will this just show like this all the time because its a dev site ?

just wondering if that will give me any issues with testing, modifications to colors etc., or maybe even trying to create a template or an addon for my self?

over all just want to make sure I did it correctly and that is just what it's going to show cause it is just a dev site ?

thanks

Spiro

Yes, that's normal. Continue and ignore it, as a message. That's it

It will always be shown, if installed on another site, different from that of the license.

It won't give you any problem.

Solution

You also can skip using subdomain and just reference directory, like mydomain.com/testdirectory/ instead testdirectory.mydomain.com (of course, you could use different names for directory and subdomain.

In this case you don't have problems with "incorrect domain".

Top Bottom