I want to import my current phpbb to the demo

LDW

Is that doable? I want to see how it works. I cant spend 140.00 and not be able to see it work. too expensive right now.

Hello guys, I'm very interested in your tests because I'd like to buy the forum but I don't want to loose my phpbb forum history..

Is it working ? I mean, do you keep the member informations (and do they keep their profile and login informations).
Do you keep the boards layout, the posts ?

Thanks a lot for your answers in advance !

Fred

xF can import all data from phpBB, posts, profiles etc. Even the friend feature in phpBB is converted to followers in xF, passwords also remain the same.

I am not sure what you mean about layout, if you mean the forums, then yes, if you mean the style / theme, then no.

Yeah @MagnusB I mean the boards and how they are structured with subforums and such.

I understand that themes aren't imported ;)

While you're watching, do the security and groups import aswel ? privacy on certain boards ?

Thanks in advance !

Fred

Just to reiterate MagnusB's point: I've done test imports of my phpBB forum several times without any trouble - it's easily the best convertor from phpBB in the business, as far as I can tell. I also had to play with the permissions and user-groups a bit due to XF doing it slightly differently and a clumsy phpBB setup, but it was literally a ten minute job to do both forums and users, if that.

I've bought Xenforo :-)

I want to import my phpBB into my new installation, problem is that they aren't on the same database for now..
And it seems that I need to be on the same database..

Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance,

Fred

Got it working so far but can't find the avatar and attachments directory, keep getting an error :X3:

Error
  • The attachments directory could not be found.
  • The avatars directory could not be found.
Here is how my folders look like :

xen_zps9d2d0908.png

Top Bottom