I want to buy Xenforo

HSP

I have installed a nulled version of Xenforo to try it out, later i discovered you can try out the demo. Sorry about that, but hé, i am here to say i am interested to buy Xenforo and that's all about.

How does it work? Because i don't want to loose my current settings, users and content.

One might expect that if you only installed a nulled version to "try it out" you wouldn't have many users or much content to lose...

However, once you purchase XenForo properly, download the files from your customer area for the version you are currently using and then upload them, replacing any existing files on your server. After that I would recommend going to the install page and clicking the "Rebuild Master Data" button.

If you are currently using an older version of XenForo, you may also want to consider upgrading. We released XF 1.5.6 today.

Yes. If you upload newer files than 1.5.3 then you will be prompted to upgrade. As it's not too far behind, I recommend just upgrading to the latest version (1.5.6).

Use the upgrade archive, otherwise you will lose attachments and avatars.

Also, ensure you add your forum user name to your license so you can post in the customer forums.

If using a nulled.. I'd be tempted to delete ALL the files (including all in the /data and /internal_data) due to the fact you don't know what was put into the PHP files that may have opened a back door. Of course, that's the hazard of using nulled software - they frequently come with a back door installed.
Otherwise, I'd be running numerous checks via scanners to make sure there were no root-kits installed and try to ascertain if the images have had code inserted into them.

chkrootkit for root kits.. the image issue is a little more time consuming.
https://www.trustwave.com/Resources/SpiderLabs-Blog/Hiding-Webshell-Backdoor-Code-in-Image-Files/

The biggest issue is that you don't know WHAT code (if any) was in the nulled version... so you don't know what/where/if you opened a back door into the system itself that allowed remote access to others - and if so, what they may have done/replaced.
Personally.. I'd wipe the VPS totally and start from scratch - but I'm paranoid about that kind of stuff.

Top Bottom