I want a forum this fast

O_O well it is pretty fast but from what I see there's very little use of images. I'm not an expert but by simply using a stylesheet and preloading everything else in another file, your site speed will be affected. I think visually I see only 2 images on the site (there may be more), so in a sense it doesn't have much to load other than the data from the databases. I can make a simple CMS that'd load a bunch of article titles that fast if I only had one image (and good server lol). Probably not a forum though v_v

My site seems to load just as fast. So does XenForo.com. Both are at a disadvantage too because there's way more style elements and images being downloaded.

Yeah I like all my gaudy images and my users do too. If they want simple they'll visit the mobile site :) Which would probably load this fast on any PC and browser lol

I have to set up my caching... Webpagetest tells me it's no bueno.

Yeah I like all my gaudy images and my users do too. If they want simple they'll visit the mobile site :) Which would probably load this fast on any PC and browser lol

I have to set up my caching... Webpagetest tells me it's no bueno.

You can check my site as well for how quick it loads (click image in my signature)

This is my index page generation time:
Timing: 0.0963 seconds

My forum is loaded with off site resources (Google,FB, Several plugins calling for outside content, etc etc).. Tons of png images no cache and seemed pretty comparable to the eye at least.

Same, I gave up on it, even though CloudFlare offers nice service, sexy panel, and such, but the result, at least for my forum, is [really] worse than before (Time to wait increased as hell).
Such a shame, but the site has some good potential depending your server configuration. I like their Rocket Loader (even though it doesn't work well for Xenforo forum), and will miss their security service.

Top Bottom