1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 I upgraded to patch and my site is wiped!!!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Rho Delta, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

EVERYTHING is gone now and xenforo goes to the install screen when you go to my URL www.oldrow.net

2. Rho Delta

I uploaded the 1.1.1 patch like I always do.

This needs to be fixed ASAP, my site is almost 900 users and 10,000 posts!!!
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It sounds like you overwrote all of the contents, instead of "merging" them. If you have a data and internal_data directory, then you shouldn't have lost any data; if they're missing, then you'll need the files from your last backup (for avatars and attachments). Otherwise, you can create library/config.php based on the content that's in library/config.php.default.

(See the comment here about merging the directory contents: http://xenforo.com/help/upgrades/)
  4. Rho Delta

1 click upgrading in the future would be a nice feature to prevent retard mistakes like I just made. There goes a whole morning of work, good thing my host made me a backup this morning.