I swear, I'm gonna beat that guy if I see him on the streets

Vincent

If I would ever meet the first person that shares XenForo ILLEGAL, I SWEAR, I'm gonna beat his *ss and take revenge for what he has done to XenForo :D

How about you? :P

Go get 'em Tiger!
images

Oh well ... feel free to tar and feather me for this ... but I believe the very first time I've been testing vBulletin 10 years ago or something it wasn't an all that legal copy either.

That said once I noticed what a great script vBulletin actually was and the first site went public I immediately bought a legal license (and still own 5 licenses).

I realize that this might be a very controversial topic. I'm not pro warez. But maybe sometimes it can have it's positive sides.

It's definitely pointless to get angry about it as you cannot stop it anyway. At least without crypting your code which would be a big show stopper for many legitimate customers like me.

Yeah, here's a list:
- xenfans.com
- vbulletin.com
- wetalknation.net

And a few more thousands;)

I am not on vBulletin.com anymore. I only bothered to inform my friends there about the coming IB acquisition as it might affect the product (or not).

I've moved away from there earlier this year as much as possible.

It's unfortunately going to happen, and as long as the developers actively work to keep the pirating to a minimum they should be fine. People are always going to find ways to steal what isn't theirs to steal.

I am not on vBulletin.com anymore. I only bothered to inform my friends there about the coming IB acquisition as it might affect the product (or not).

I've moved away from there earlier this year as much as possible.

Good buy boy*rushes trough hair*

How can piracy be prevented? Its a huge problem for both software houses, as for addon developers. Likely the same communities that distribute nulled vbulletin software and addons will jump on XF.

How can piracy be prevented? Its a huge problem for both software houses, as for addon developers. Likely the same communities that distribute nulled vbulletin software and addons will jump on XF.
Give the software away for free. But then again I see pirated versions of phpbb still floating around. Nothing will ever stop them, you just need to make sure you're doing your best to enforce your copyright.

Top Bottom