I swear, I'm gonna beat that guy if I see him on the streets

I think I will be flamed for this, but I think piracy helped vBulletin grow a lot and stifle other forum softwares. Had it not been for pirated vB, then a lot of people would have opted for free solutions.

Once you catch a forum pirating then you can blackmail them into paying up and also once people are comfortable with a forum software and like it, then they themselves may opt to go legal. Piracy can also promote a software .. if people see a good forum with good features and styles then it helps spread the word about the software as well.

Imo it wont be possible to stop piracy of xenforo completely, but measures should be taken to control it. However from what I've heard is that the pirates aren't interested in pirating xenforo right now, but that is likely to change after sometime.

I think I will be flamed for this, but I think piracy helped vBulletin grow a lot and stifle other forum softwares. Had it not been for pirated vB, then a lot of people would have opted for free solutions.

Once you catch a forum pirating then you can blackmail them into paying up and also once people are comfortable with a forum software and like it, then they themselves may opt to go legal. Piracy can also promote a software .. if people see a good forum with good features and styles then it helps spread the word about the software as well.

Imo it wont be possible to stop piracy of xenforo completely, but measures should be taken to control it. However from what I've heard is that the pirates aren't interested in pirating xenforo right now, but that is likely to change after sometime.

Noone gets flamed in this topic.
You only get liked xD

This should be pretty close..

Code:
mysql_query( "UPDATE xenforo.licensed_members SET status = 'banned' WHERE xf_license = 'mishandled' ");

That's how I ended up BUYING Photoshop.

Top Bottom