I swear, I'm gonna beat that guy if I see him on the streets

Give the software away for free. But then again I see pirated versions of phpbb still floating around. Nothing will ever stop them, you just need to make sure you're doing your best to enforce your copyright.
Now a pirated version of a FREE software is just downright DUMB. To me that qualifies for a DARWIN award.

It's unfortunately going to happen, and as long as the developers actively work to keep the pirating to a minimum they should be fine. People are always going to find ways to steal what isn't theirs to steal.

Unfort correct, it's like trying to fight hydra really. Having spent some time battling pirates it's a thankless and pretty much non successful task. Take down one site and they will be back the next day with another. Clearly those fighting the pirates needed bigger weapons, I vote for cream pies!

Let's hope they setup a demo. If not piracy is gonna rocket due to people want backend demos. So piracy is sometimes a good thing as people try it and sometimes if they like it they buy it. (SO YOU HOPE)

It's unfortunately going to happen, and as long as the developers actively work to keep the pirating to a minimum they should be fine. People are always going to find ways to steal what isn't theirs to steal.
I am sure tomorrow there will be sunrise. I am sure there will be nulled XenForo copies on warez sites pretty soon as well.

Let's hope they setup a demo. If not piracy is gonna rocket due to people want backend demos. So piracy is sometimes a good thing as people try it and sometimes if they like it they buy it. (SO YOU HOPE)
Nevertheless, pirating is never a good thing.

Without going into detail on what I would do to the first pirate, my home state is NJ...I have connections :p.

See this shouldn't even be a topic....your inviting hackers who are ego driven to come here and answer your challange..I commend you on your loyalty to the site...but this is tactless...
And I'm slightly offended... two your no better than a pirate actually your worse...your displaying intent of physical harm and I say that's not very becoming and also it in and of itself is a crime and I guarantee you someone who pirates one piece of software less than two years in prison most likely fines. You premeditativly saying your going to physically hurt people is felony even without you even doing it as this is not rhetoric your are saying YOU WILL do it.(minimum sentence 5 years mandatory per US) Following through it would make you a cold blooded criminal and violent and I disrespect you for making this thread. It does not belong on this site...as your posts here reflect on me and the rest of the community.

Who ever did this with vbulletin was able generate at least three sales from me because of it. I used it because of the lack of consumer protection. Once I realized it was a solid purchase I bought it. Piracy is all around but we shouldn't even be addressing this here as if the team deem it a necessity they will make it a problem for people wishing to violate their terms.

You might as well have brought up a religious thread. It will end the same. People fighting.

Your wise beyond your years.

This whole thread should be deleted IMO... I'm perma-leaving this thread as a poster as I'm disgusted:mad:

I used to give "pirates" special discount when I used to run vbstyles.com.

Two out of three pirates used to take advantage of the discount and actually buy my skin and from there on be legit.

Fighting them it will only push them to keep doing what they are doing.

I used to give "pirates" special discount when I used to run vbstyles.com.

Two out of three pirates used to take advantage of the discount and actually buy my skin and from there on be legit.

Fighting them it will only push them to keep doing what they are doing.

I wanted fridge magnets but John Howard had used up the budget on those terrorist ones :(

I wanted fridge magnets but John Howard had used up the budget on those terrorist ones :(

LOL I used to see John running in his green tracksuit around Adelaide when he was down here ;)

Don't get me wrong I used to hate it and tried almost everything for years.
Finally the above solution was the best financial and less time wasting outcome for my business.

LOL I used to see John running in his green tracksuit around Adelaide when he was down here ;)

Don't get me wrong I used to hate it and tried almost everything for years.
Finally the above solution was the best financial and less time wasting outcome for my business.

Surprisingly we ended up with at least one staff member who was a pirate but decided to go legit.

Surprisingly we ended up with at least one staff member who was a pirate but decided to go legit.

Who? Didn't we all at some stage or another one?
By the way I better turn off email notification from XF or I will never finish coding this website!

Top Bottom