I need to convert from MYBB to xenForo

jgoodguy

I understand that the recommended way is to use XenForo version 1's importer and the convert to v2. What is the best way to get a version 1?

Buy XF and first download XF1, transfer, then dowload and upgrade to XF2. A purchase of XF allows you to get XF 1 and access to the importers.
Thanks, I figured that was the procedure, but wanted to check before putting my money down.
It is not obvious but logical. I have done computer conversions of one kind or another since the 1970s and that is not the weirdest thing I have done.

Thanks, I figured that was the procedure, but wanted to check before putting my money down.
It is not obvious but logical. I have done computer conversions of one kind or another since the 1970s and that is not the weirdest thing I have done.
Yeah, the methodology seems quite odd as XF1.5 is end of life. But, you're most likely going to upgrade in a secure environment where there'd be no worries of security flaws (if they exist) with your XF1 import. Then, no worries at XF2.

Maybe they'll make an importer for XF2 sooner or later to save time? As of now, that's the route.

Top Bottom