I need some help moving a mysql database

I am looking for someone to move a 40 meg database for me.
I am not an sql engineer by any means and I have an issue with my host. It appears that one of their servers has loads of traffic and it is causing timeouts on our site as we are on a shared platform.
I have a need to migrate my DB to another server, however, I cant name it the same as the platform wont let me. The myphp admin only allows file import f up to 2048k and when i do a dump of the db in mysql workbench i am not knowledgable enough to get it to strip the database name off so when i try and reimport it wont let me.
We need this done asap as the site is unusable and are happy to pay if anyone can help

A 40mb database is pretty small. You shouldn't have any issue exporting through phpmyadmin. You probably won't have much an issue importing through phpmyadmin if you have a fast enough connection.

Do you have or can you get shell (command line) access to either server? If not can your currently host dump the database via the command line for you?

Thanks guys.
I had an offer of paid but it was a bit steep. I approached the isp as we were moving internally as to why mysql workbench was rejecting the import. They told me to edit 1 line and hey presto!
28 mins start to finish to export, edit, import and get the site up again.

0 errors in 24hrs

Thanks for all the input

A 40mb database is pretty small. You shouldn't have any issue exporting through phpmyadmin. You probably won't have much an issue importing through phpmyadmin if you have a fast enough connection.

Do you have or can you get shell (command line) access to either server? If not can your currently host dump the database via the command line for you?
My isp does not allow shell access to the db server and myphp admin is locked to file sizes 2048k or smaller, hence my need to use mysql workbench

Top Bottom