1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with a view mere things.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Demonlover11, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Demonlover11

Demonlover11 Member

Now, I would like help on the following problems and if you may direct me somewhere with a detailed guide, pictures of some sort, or anything. That would be great!

For, "1" where it has the Tab's and such, I was wondering how I could create my own Tab, like a page type deal with writing, and such then if you scroll to it or something it has a Drop-Down menu of the tabs or something.

For, "2" for some reason the Search bar is weird.
    How would I move that down to line it up where the arrow bar has, "Home>Forum" type thing?

For, "3" how would I add new things to the side, like for example add a Ventrilo Tab to show who's on the Vent server or a donation bar or something.

My last question is right now my demoncraftonline.com is not the forum.
    I was wondering how to add a portal to the forum then make demoncraftonline.com a part of the whole XenForo thing if that makes sense.

Here is a picture;
    [​IMG]

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

Though couldn't you move the template portion of the search to the top of the sidebar and just push everything down?

4. Demonlover11

Demonlover11 Member

Also, how would I add a thing on the side where I click the text and it brings up a page or something?
    Like Image Text to click on.
    Click me to Vote now!
    That doesn't work even with text.

5. Brogan

6. Demonlover11

Demonlover11 Member

Thank you, but the tab things.
    It doesn't tell me how to add a drop down menu to a tab?

7. Demonlover11

Demonlover11 Member

I can find out my self how to do the Drop-Down menu, but how do I create another page so I can add it to the drop down?

EDIT: OHH, would I make a new template typa thing like how it is for the side bars?

Like how would I make it say, I wanted to add a new page called, "Web Shop"
    In the page I made a text based tutorial and added a video of how to use it.
    Then I wanted to add the page Web-Shop to the drop down menu of Guides making it direct me to a link called, "demoncraftonline.com/forum/guides/web-shop"

8. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

9. Demonlover11

Demonlover11 Member

Well, how do I make it where it's added to say the Tab, "Guides", because I just made a new Page, and it's posted as a Board linked to the page in the forum...

10. Jake Bunce

Uncheck Display in the node list when editing the page. That will hide it from the list of forums. Then you can create a nav tab to link to the page.

11. Demonlover11

Demonlover11 Member

Well, how would I add it to the menu, "Guides" for the new page?

12. Floris

Floris Guest

13. Demonlover11

Demonlover11 Member

14. Jake Bunce

You are using BB code which won't work. You need to use HTML code.

15. Demonlover11

Demonlover11 Member

Do you have a link to HTML codes?
    Like something that explains what code does what and explains how,etc?

16. Brogan