XF 1.1 I just bought my second licence. Now I want to copy...

snoopy5

Hallo

because I am so happy with xenforo itself and expecially the support here, I decided to buy my second XF licence a few days ago.

Now I have a basic question regarding installation/configuration of this second licence. I almost finished with my first licence tweaking, installing add-ons, colour and template etc.

My second licence shall have the exact same setup, addons, template, colours as my first licence. Only the URL, the db name, the content and the users shall be different.

Is it possible to just copy the first licence on another directory with the new URL without the postings, the forums and users ? So basically naked. Only with the template, colour settings and addons of my first licence?

I would like after that import again around 10 vb forums. But those 10 vb forums are different ones then the ones imported into my first XF lience.

Is this possible and if yes, how?

You just need to export your theme (xml) and get all your images directory:
>To export
Admin Control Panel=>appearance=>Styles=>{select your style}=>export=>you've got your xml file
> To import: same path but use the import function ^^

For the addons, you will need to reinstall them one by one... but it should be very fast.

Good luck

You just need to export your theme (xml) and get all your images directory:
>To export
Admin Control Panel=>appearance=>Styles=>{select your style}=>export=>you've got your xml file
> To import: same path but use the import function ^^

For the addons, you will need to reinstall them one by one... but it should be very fast.

Good luck

in the style export options, I can choose between "complete" and "TMS independant". If I want to choose complete to have also all template edits of my addons in it, do i have to install all my addons before or after importing the style XML into the new forum?

in the style export options, I can choose between "complete" and "TMS independant". If I want to choose complete to have also all template edits of my addons in it, do i have to install all my addons before or after importing the style XML into the new forum?

If you are starting with a new database then the addons will need to be installed again. I don't think it matters if you do the style before or after.

Top Bottom